Synonym: fable, fairy tale, fantasy, invention, legend, myth, untruth. Antonym: fact, nonfiction. Similar words: conviction, prediction, restriction, jurisdiction, dictionary order, action, auction, section. Meaning: ['fɪkʃn] n. 1. a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact 2. a deliberately false or improbable account.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Truth is stranger than fiction.
(2) The series will include both fiction and non-fiction.
(3) He has written over 20 works of fiction.
(4) Science fiction stories often mention robots that can talk.
(5) Fact is stranger than fiction.
(6) His testimony is a complete fiction.
(7) Immigrant tales have always been popular themes in fiction.
(8) in the field of romantic fiction.
(9) It's very difficult to disentangle fact from fiction in what she's saying.
(10) It is a legal fiction that a corporation is a person.
(11) The book is a work of fiction and not intended as a historical account.
(12) Truth is often stranger than fiction.
(13) The fiction story won't film well.
(14) Fiction is a poor surrogate for real experience.
(15) The book intermingles fact and fiction.
(16) It's important to distinguish fact from fiction.
(17) Her taste in fiction was for chunky historical romances.
(18) The sheer volume of fiction produced is staggering.
(19) In the story(Sentencedict.com),truth was interweaved with fiction.
(20) Anton has a consuming passion for science fiction.
(21) He loves science fiction in particular.
(22) How do we sort out fact from fiction?
(23) Science fiction just doesn't turn me on.
(24) I read everything from fiction to history.
(25) The play is a composite of reality and fiction.
(26) Real life is sometimes stranger than fiction.
(27) He's a great reader of crime fiction.
(28) The idea belongs in the realm of science fiction.
(29) The science fiction film had some marvellous special effects.
(30) Fact and fiction merge together in his latest thriller.
More similar words: conviction, prediction, restriction, jurisdiction, dictionary order, action, auction, section, fraction, sanction, reaction, reduction, function, election, objection, selection, infection, identification, esterification, functional, collection, connection, production, reflection, take action, projection, distinction, and function, inspection, protection.