Synonym: division, fraction, fragment, part, piece, section, segment, share. Similar words: proportion, in proportion to, abortion, transportation, reporting, supportive, corporation, participation. Meaning: ['pɔrʃn /'pɔː-] n. 1. something determined in relation to something that includes it 2. something less than the whole of a human artifact 3. the allotment of some amount by dividing something 4. assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group 5. your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you) 6. money or property brought by a woman to her husband at marriage 7. an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal. v. give out or allot.
Random good picture Not show
1. She only eats a small portion of food.
2. This portion is for you.
3. The front portion of the rocket breaks off.
4. The central portion of the bridge collapsed.
5. Three thousand dollars is no more than a portion.
6. Damage was confined to a small portion of the castle.
7. A large/major portion of the company's profit goes straight back into new projects.
7. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
8. He divided up his property and gave a portion to each of his children.
9. Only a small portion of the budget is spent on books.
10. You give this portion of the ticket to the inspector and keep the other.
11. This is your portion.
12. Salaries take up a considerable portion of our total budget.
13. I accept my portion of the blame.
14. I had learnt a portion of the Koran.
15. He asked for a double portion of chips.
16. She ordered a portion of fried eggs.
17. A portion was allotted to each.
18. Just a modest portion for me, please.
19. A large portion of this cost devolves upon the patient.
20. The other driver must bear a portion of the blame for the accident.
21. Desserts can be substituted by a portion of fresh fruit.
22. a portion of chicken / fish and chips. It can also be used with some countable nouns to mean a part of something.
23. The main character's childhood takes up a good portion of the film.
24. She applied a portion of her salary each month to savings.
25. A good rule of thumb is that a portion of rice is two and a half handfuls.
26. The rent on his portion of the apartment was $500 a month.
27. You are paid your portion not later than a week.
28. You must accept a portion of the blame for this crisis.
29. He carved up the roast beef and gave each of us a portion.
30. This particular type of fish has less than 200 calories per portion.
More similar words: proportion, in proportion to, abortion, transportation, reporting, supportive, corporation, participation, port, report, export, import, support, portray, airport, supporter, report on, portrait, reporter, important, portfolio, transport, reportedly, in support of, importantly, opportunity, of importance, active transport, notion, option.