Synonym: chaplain, clergyman, pastor. Similar words: administer, ministry, feminist, administrator, administration, administrative, diminish, register. Meaning: ['mɪnɪstə(r)] n. 1. a person authorized to conduct religious worship 2. a person appointed to a high office in the government 3. a diplomat representing one government to another; ranks below ambassador 4. the job of a head of a government department. v. 1. attend to the wants and needs of others 2. work as a minister.
Random good picture Not show
1) The minister preaches a sermon now and then.
2) I very much agree with the prime minister.
3) When questioned on TV, the minister retracted his allegations.
4) The minister was sent to Spain on mission.
5) The newspaper reporters interviewed the minister.
6) Who's the prime minister of Canada?
7) The Prime Minister aimed to reassert his authority.
8) The minister received some harsh criticism.
9) The minister was dismissed from his office in disgrace.
10) The prime minister is a favourite target of comedians.
11) He attained the position of minister.
12) The Prime Minister presides at meetings of the Cabinet.
13) The minister appeared in the scene.
14) The minister refused to comment on individual cases.
15) John has paged the Foreign Minister.
16) He is a minister of foreign affairs.
17) She discharged all the responsibilities of a minister conscientiously.
18) The minister revealed the secret to me.
19) The Prime Minister is visiting Japan at the moment.
20) The minister was quite guarded in his comments.
21) A crowd of journalists bore down on the minister.
22) The minister domineers over his inferiors.
23) He was mistaken for the minister.
24) The Prime Minister lives at 10 Downing Street.
25) The minister will arrive on Monday.
26) The Prime Minister delivered a broadside at her critics.
27) We have a new prime minister at the helm.
28) The minister stressed the need for economic sacrifice.
29) The tricky question about his finances discomfited the minister.
30) The Prime Minister made a stirring speech.
More similar words: administer, ministry, feminist, administrator, administration, administrative, diminish, register, finish up, finish with, minimum, minimal, minimize, columnist, examining, antagonist, listen, listener, listen to, enlisted, oyster, poster, foster, cluster, western, monster, eastern, bolster, consistent, youngster.