Synonym: chief, leading, main, principal. Antonym: local. Similar words: concentrate, concentration, concentrating, entrance, neutral, Cent., contrast, contract. Meaning: ['sentrəl] n. a workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication. adj. 1. serving as an essential component 2. in or near a center or constituting a center; the inner area 3. used in the description of a place that in the middle of another place 4. centrally located and easy to reach.
Random good picture Not show
1. There were two doors leading off the central room.
2. He lives in central London.
3. A huge bomb blast rocked central London last night.
4. The flat has gas-fired central heating.
5. He crossed the street and walked alongside Central Park.
6. We live in central London.
7. Desert land stretches eastward across Arabia into Central Asia.
8. These ideas have always been central to Western culture.
9. We've converted from coal to gas central heating.
10. Alienation is a central motif in her novels.
11. The information is transmitted electronically to the central computer.
11. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
12. The central issue is that of widespread racism.
13. This theme is central to our research.
14. You're right here, near Central Park.
15. The central portion of the bridge collapsed.
16. Education is central to a country's economic development.
17. Austria is a landlocked country of central Europe.
18. The central bank has put up interest rates.
19. Reducing inflation is central to the government's economic policy.
20. She has been a central figure in the campaign.
21. All candidates are carefully vetted by Central Office.
22. Prevention also plays a central role in traditional medicine.
23. You will need to drain the central heating system before you replace the radiator.
24. Our house is very central, so we can easily get to theatres and cinemas.
25. The central character is a malevolent witch out for revenge.
26. The shops are in a central position in the city.
27. The programme was approved at a plenary session of the Central Committee last week.
28. A band of light rain and showers extended from the Canadian border to Central Texas.
29. Data is transmitted via a modem link to the central office.
30. In many churches the side aisles are separated from the central aisle by a row of arches.
More similar words: concentrate, concentration, concentrating, entrance, neutral, Cent., contrast, contract, scent, per cent, decent, accent, recent, center, entry, contractor, contrast to, by contrast, century, enthrall, recently, incentive, to the contrary, percentage, centurion, entreat, accentuate, adolescent, on the contrary, entrepreneur.