Synonym: enquiry, interrogation, query, question, research. Similar words: inquire about, inquisitive, in question, in quantity, require, required, requirement, banquet. Meaning: ['ɪnkwərɪ /ɪn'kwaɪərɪ] n. 1. a search for knowledge 2. an instance of questioning 3. a systematic investigation of a matter of public interest.
Random good picture Not show
(1) An inquiry is now in progress.
(2) We are grateful for your inquiry of May 23,1998.
(3) The inquiry was critical of her work.
(4) In response to your inquiry ...
(5) We thank you for your inquiry.
(6) Like inquiry can be active thinking, like exercise can improve physique, like mountain forest can recover one's original simplicity, love alone can study hard, like wind builds muscles.
(7) An inquiry was set up to determine the cause of the accident.
(8) The inquiry found that they had been subjected to unfair treatment.
(9) We are pleased to respond to your inquiry of August 18[http://Sentencedict.com], 1998.
(10) In answer to your recent inquiry, the book you mention is not in stock.
(11) The court of inquiry ruled that the crash was due to pilot error.
(12) The government has instituted a court of inquiry to look into the allegations.
(13) The government has set up a commission of inquiry into the disturbances at the prison.
(14) What was the nature of his inquiry?
(15) In any inquiry,be careful to proceed on right principle.
(16) The board of inquiry is continuing its investigations.
(17) He was criticized for his conduct of the inquiry.
(18) The inquiry is by no means cut and dried.
(19) He's now the subject of an official inquiry.
(20) The inquiry unearthed some disturbing evidence.
(21) This subject is outside the scope of our inquiry.
(22) 200 objectors were present at the inquiry.
(23) We all desire your early reply to this inquiry.
(24) The inquiry acknowledges failings in the judicial system.
(25) The inquiry found evidence of serious misapplication of funds.
(26) The allegations against them were made in sworn evidence to the inquiry.
(27) We have received your letter and thank you for your inquiry.
(28) 25 officers were investigated following allegations of improper conduct during the murder inquiry.
(29) The government has announced the terms of reference for its proposed committee of inquiry.
(30) The government issued a statement urging the public to cooperate in this inquiry.
More similar words: inquire about, inquisitive, in question, in quantity, require, required, requirement, banquet, quite, equip, liquid, equity, quietly, quite a few, equipment, colloquial, equivalent, ubiquitous, acquisition, acquiescence.