Antonym: literary. Similar words: loquacious, collar, collect, college, collapse, follow, roll out, collector. Meaning: [kə'ləʊkwɪəl] adj. characteristic of informal spoken language or conversation.
Random good picture Not show
1) It's hard to understand the colloquial idioms of a foreign language.
2) They have little acquaintance with colloquial English.
3) " Movie " is a colloquial word for " moving picture " .
4) This should be extended to include short colloquial phrases.
5) Although some students have a good grasp of colloquial language,(http://sentencedict.com/colloquial.html) few have ever got to grips with the concept of register.
6) There is nothing colloquial about the auditor calling the company his/her client.
7) It may be very colloquial and the voices are often distorted.
8) This tale was collected in the Louisiana Creole colloquial speech.
9) There is a colloquial standard to learn on the playground and a literary standard to learn in class.
10) It's a useful little phrase book, full of colloquial expressions.
11) The best way of improving your colloquial English is by listening to native speakers.
12) For an ordinary wedding a colloquial way of speaking will be suitable.
13) There is also growing differentiation between colloquial and literal vocabulary.
14) To eliminate or locate colloquial words there are dictionaries of slang.
15) His language is smooth, easy(sentencedict.com), colloquial and mostly vernacular.
16) Ken, compadre, I admire the colloquial style.
17) The song uses colloquial language.
18) His stumbling attempts at colloquial Russian amused her.
19) Lyrics of popular, colloquial, easy to learn to sing.
20) Rugger - colloquial name for the game.
21) His English then was fluent but not colloquial.
22) Colloquial expression is an important property of spoken English.
23) Almost all idiomatic expressions are colloquial language.
24) Many colloquial expressions have acquired literary currency through magazines.
25) Our special aim is for missioners to speak colloquial Taiwanese ( Hakka ) well.
26) There are multiple colloquial terms for psilocybin mushrooms, the most common being magic mushrooms or 'shrooms.
27) You shouldn't use phrases like "sort of" in essays -- they're too colloquial.
28) The wire services demanded language stripped of the local, the regional, and the colloquial....
29) Catledge inserted the more rustic touches, a kind of hominy style that gave their writing a colloquial flavor.
30) This brilliant, caustic, rambling satire is written in a colloquial style.
More similar words: loquacious, collar, collect, college, collapse, follow, roll out, collector, colleague, collection, collective, colonial, follow up, following, as follows, collaboration, follow through, quite, equip, equity, liquid, Color., color, inquiry, require, quietly, poll, doll, roll, toll.