Synonym: quiet, restfully, softly. Similar words: acquiescence, jet lag, Soviet, society, anxiety, variety, a variety, twentieth. Meaning: ['kwaɪətlɪ] adv. 1. with low volume 2. with little or no sound 3. with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly') 4. in a restful manner.
Random good picture Not show
(1) He would sit quietly and watch what was happening.
(2) She spoke so quietly I could hardly hear her.
(3) 'You don't need me,' she said quietly, without reproach.
(4) Rosa shut the door quietly.
(5) Try to reason him into going away quietly.
(6) She was still quietly fuming about Peter's remarks.
(7) Quietly gone, just time, and our youth.
(8) She sat quietly, meditating on the day's events.
(9) Herbert sat quietly through the telling of this saga.
(10) I quietly walked away,I gently rippling heart will become calm.
(11) My love can only pass by quietly,love,became lost,you,become the past.
(12) The lecturer spoke so quietly that he was scarcely audible at the back of the hall.
(13) She was still quietly simmering from her row with Nathan.
(14) He's a tall, quietly spoken[sentencedict.com], but imposing figure.
(15) He is a quietly spoken, thoughtful man.
(16) He came into to room very quietly.
(17) Some time later, the matter was quietly dropped.
(18) He reeled out his line and waited quietly.
(19) Ben slipped quietly out of the room.
(20) He quietly intoned several prayers.
(21) We talked quietly so as not to be overheard.
(22) Often he found her quietly weeping alone.
(23) Sit quietly and behave yourself.
(24) He spoke quietly, in halting English.
(25) Plans to expand the company have had to be quietly shelved.
(26) The family is the rain, take irritable, leaving Qingliang; affection is the wind, blowing the sorrow, stay happy; the family is the sun, taking away the darkness, leaving the light. The family is the most great, no matter you are happy, frustration, pain, loss, it will gently on your way, quietly with your life.
(27) Leeds kept quiet, stuck to their game plan and quietly racked up the points.
(28) Even the union leaders hoped that the strike would die quietly.
(29) The whisky had been distilled in 1926 and sat quietly maturing until 1987.
(30) The children seem to be totally incapable of working quietly by themselves.
More similar words: acquiescence, jet lag, Soviet, society, anxiety, variety, a variety, twentieth, a variety of, equip, quite, equity, liquid, inquiry, require, required, quite a few, equipment, costly, softly, partly, gently, mostly, colloquial, ubiquitous, equivalent, tightly, honestly, shortly, greatly.