Random good picture Not show
1) He was swept away in an avalanche.
2) Two skiers were killed in the avalanche.
3) The avalanche struck the ski resort in the late afternoon.
4) Yesterday's avalanche killed a party of skiers and destroyed several trees.
5) The newcomer was greeted with an avalanche of publicity.
6) We received an avalanche of inquiries.
7) Most avalanche accidents occur on north- and east-facing slopes.
8) The early thaw preindicated an avalanche.
9) We've been almost buried under the avalanche of mail.
10) The school received an avalanche of applications.
11) He narrowly escaped death in an avalanche.
12) He was killed in an avalanche while skiing.
13) The avalanche whelmed the small mountain village.
14) Higher still the snow was ready to avalanche.
15) They died in an avalanche.
16) They were killed by an avalanche in the Swiss Alps.
17) We received an avalanche of letters in reply to our advertisement.
18) He was caught by an avalanche and was seriously concussed.
19) He was buried by an avalanche and had to be dug out.
20) If an avalanche strikes, skiers can be buried alive by snow.
21) The survivors of the avalanche included 12 Britons. It also describes the early inhabitants of Britain:the ancient Britons. Brit is informal and can sound negative. Britisher is now very old-fashioned.
22) No one could emerge from that avalanche alive, unless one believed that man could rise from the dead.
23) The avalanche forced its way down the mountain, crushing everything in its path.
24) Nevertheless, the article provoked an avalanche of reaction.
25) Eventually he is killed by an Alpine avalanche.
26) Downriver,[http://sentencedict.com/avalanche.html] they heard what sounded like an avalanche.
27) The Avalanche Ale is a perfectly serviceable beer, full-bodied and tasty, but the others failed to impress.
28) And the attempt to start an avalanche of donations was a complete failure.
29) More than a dozen people were dug out of the avalanche alive.
30) The wave had had its ropes cut and was erupting in an avalanche of fury that would bury everything in its path.
More similar words: nonchalance, carte blanche, nonchalant, balance, balanced, on balance, balance of, melancholy, hang in the balance, naval, clincher, quenched, crunched, luncheon, ranch, truncheon, trial and error, branch, anchor, entrenched, franchise, glance, stanchion, parlance, lie at anchor, vigilance, petulance, ambulance, freelance, judicial branch.