Synonym: desire, expect, yearn for. Antonym: despair, disappointment. Similar words: hopefully, chop, bishop, gift shop, chopping, workshop, opera, open. Meaning: [həʊp] n. 1. a specific instance of feeling hopeful 2. the general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled 3. grounds for feeling hopeful about the future 4. someone (or something) on which expectations are centered 5. United States comedian (born in England) who appeared in films with Bing Crosby (1903-2003) 6. one of the three Christian virtues. v. 1. expect and wish 2. be optimistic; be full of hope; have hopes 3. intend with some possibility of fulfilment.
Random good picture Not show
3. While there's life there's hope.
19. I intend no modification of my hope...expressed personal wish that all men everywhere could be free.
26. I hope these black marks will clean off.
27. If you wish to succeed, you should use persistence as your good friend, experience as your reference, prudence as your brother and hope as your sentry.
28. Wherever in the world a people knows desperate want, there must appear at least the spark of hope, the hope of progress--or there will surely rise at last the flames of conflict.
29. My object will be, if possible, to form Christian men, for Christian boys Ican scarcely hope to make.
More similar words: hopefully, chop, bishop, gift shop, chopping, workshop, opera, open, cope, scope, slope, operate, openly, operator, property, opening, properly, operation, cope with, in the open, cooperate, European, envelope, developer, operating, telescope, cooperative, AND operation, cooperate with, eastern europe.