Synonym: cleave, cut, sever. Similar words: chopping, hope, bishop, gift shop, workshop, hopefully, echo, school. Meaning: [tʃɒp] n. 1. the irregular motion of waves (usually caused by wind blowing in a direction opposite to the tide) 2. a small cut of meat including part of a rib 3. a jaw 4. a tennis return made with a downward motion that puts backspin on the ball 5. a grounder that bounces high in the air. v. 1. cut into pieces 2. move suddenly 3. strike sharply, as in some sports 4. cut with a hacking tool 5. hit sharply.
Random good picture Not show
1. Chop the carrots up into small pieces.
2. Chop the celery and add it to the salad.
3. Peel, core and chop the apples.
4. You'd better chop these branches off.
5. Pork chop is on today's menu.
6. Chop some wood for the fire.
7. Chop the meat into cubes before frying it.
8. There's not much meat on this chop.
9. We had to chop a way through the undergrowth.
10. I'm going to chop down this cherry tree; it has almost stopped producing fruit.
11. Stop chipping halfway , you cannot chop down deadwood ; and keep chipping a way, gold and stone can be carved.
12. Roughly chop the vegetables, and keep back a little to chop finely and serve as a garnish.
13. The tree is too big,you'll have to chop back some of the branches.
14. Julian used an axe to chop down the old apple tree.
15. He struck off the branch with a single chop of the ax.
16. The iceboat set out to chop a hole in the ice.
17. He went outside to chop some more wood for the fire.
18. Roughly chop and parboil the potatoes.
18. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
19. The whole department has been given the chop.
20. Peel the cucumber and chop it into small cubes.
21. Chop the ingredients finely and mix them together.
22. Chop the potato into bite-sized pieces.
23. Chop the onions with a sharp knife.
24. Chop up three firm tomatoes.
25. Chop an onion and stir it into the sauce.
26. Chop up the onion into small pieces.
27. She cut down the sapling with one chop.
28. Chop the onions and carrots roughly.
29. Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the onions.
30. A man must not presume to use his reasons, unless he has studied the categories, and can chop logic.
More similar words: chopping, hope, bishop, gift shop, workshop, hopefully, echo, school, choose, choice, reach out, each other, touch on, catch on, scholar, switch on, in school, at school, switch off, stretch out, watch out for, chocolate, not much of a, in search of, psychology, scholarship, cholesterol, after school, psychologist, psychological.