Synonym: blind, burn, dazzle, flare, flash, glaze, glow, glower, scowl, shine, stare. Similar words: glare at, glad, glass, glance, glacier, sunglasses, looking glass, large. Meaning: [gler /gleə] n. 1. great brightness 2. an angry stare 3. a focus of public attention. v. 1. look at with a fixed gaze 2. be sharply reflected 3. shine intensely.
Random good picture Not show
(1) A sudden glare of headlights lit the driveway.
(2) He turned his baleful glare on the cowering suspect.
(3) She fixed her questioner with an icy glare.
(4) She gave me a fierce glare.
(5) The hearings were conducted in the full glare of publicity.
(6) Don't glare at me like that, you deserved the scolding.
(7) Dark glasses are an effective shield against the glare.
(8) His glasses magnified his irritable glare.
(9) Norma is said to dislike the glare of publicity.
(10) The glare of the headlights almost blinded us.
(11) This screen gives off a lot of glare.
(12) He gave me an icy glare.
(13) There was a red glare over the burning village.
(14) I shielded my eyes against the glare.
(15) The mistakes in this report really glare at you.
(16) She shot a warning glare at her companion.
(17) She gave him a hostile glare.
(18) They were in the full glare of publicity.
(19) These sunglasses are designed to reduce glare.
(20) She silenced him with a glare.
(21) His eyes dazzled in the glare.
(22) She gave him a sullen glare.
(23) She looked at him with an angry glare.
(24) Tinted windows will cut down the glare/the sun's glare.
(25) Rabbits transfixed in the glare of car headlights are common victims on the roads.
(26) The divorce was conducted in the full glare of media publicity.
(27) The walls were whitewashed to reflect the glare of the sun.
(28) The actor's wedding took place in the full glare of publicity/the media.
(29) We wore sunglasses to reduce the glare from the road.
(30) He tried not to let his irritation show as he blinked in the glare of the television lights.
More similar words: glare at, glad, glass, glance, glacier, sunglasses, looking glass, large, solar, flare up, collar, salary, declare, regular, at large, declared, similar, secular, clarify, largely, scholar, all around, irregular, capillary, by and large, similarly, regularly, regularity, solar power, particular.