Random good picture Not show
1) Descartes received his stimulus from the new physics and astronomy of Copernicus, Galileo, and others.
2) Persons, for Descartes, are mental or immaterial thinking substances.
3) Descartes also claimed that the new rationalist methodology would bring human mastery over nature and a new age of human well-being.
4) But Descartes had already given answers to objections such as these.
5) For Descartes, only humans had souls, animals and other creatures did not.
6) In common with Descartes, he visualized the universe in terms of clockwork rather than as a living organism.
7) Descartes had no regular education. To quote Dr.
8) Descartes raises the central questions of modem philosophy.
9) One meaning is the meaning emphasized by Rene Descartes.
10) Descartes I shit,(http://sentencedict.com/descartes.html) therefore I am.
11) Descartes had not been so generous.
12) The phenomenon is called the Descartes ray phenomenon.
13) Descartes was not too far off.
14) He used Descartes idea and after making the lens used it himself.
15) There is no mention of Hegel or Descartes, no study of syllogism or solipsism.
16) Both Descartes and Husserl devoted themselves to questing for the certainty of philosophy.
17) The strict methods in certainty that Descartes proposed is a weapons against the authority of scholasticism assumptions, and is also the Internal demand of the modern philosophy in self reforming.
18) Descartes has an exceptional record in both the academic and sporting fields.
19) While Voltaire, Condorcet and Descartes used reason to confront superstition and feudalism, thinkers across the Channel – Brooks cites Burke, Hume and Adam Smith – thought it unwise to trust reason.
20) Descartes coordinate modeling of multibody systems dynamics is adopted in the thesis.
21) When Rene Descartes argued that we are more than merely machines, his best piece of evidence for him was the human capacity for language.
22) From Descartes to Darwin to Debussy, Europeana hopes to become the online cultural showcase of European thought.
23) An analysis is made about Descartes rays of transparent round-section fibers-a special internal surface reflection rays of the fiber when parallel rays strike the fibers perpendicularly to fiber axis.
24) According to this account, the mind-body distinction as we know it was invented by Descartes.
25) This famous and much-discussed distinction between primary and secondary qualities has historical antecedents in Galileo, Descartes, and Hobbes.
26) However, on Kemp's account few artists took notice of the philosophical, mathematical and scientific innovations of Descartes and Kepler.
27) In algebra they developed a concept of polynomials and pioneered an algebraic geometry that has traditionally been ascribed to Descartes.
28) Versions of Anselm’s ontological argument were later used by both St. Thomas Aquinas and Rene Descartes and were, much later still, heavily criticised by Immanuel Kant.
29) And while he spent time in Europe, he met Galileo and Rene Descartes.
30) The Dutch philosopher Baruch Spinoza (above left), a contemporary of Descartes, took a quite different view.
More similar words: escarpment, carte blanche, scare, descend, scary, scared, describe, discard, scarred, condescend, scarcely, on a large scale, description, charter, quarter, starter, condescension, cart, repartee, cartoon, quarterback, kindergarten, headquarters, wholeheartedly, magna carta, test, protest, contest, testing, testify.