Synonym: chiefly, mainly, mostly, particularly, primarily, principally. Similar words: special, specialty, specialize, specialist, specifically, species, specify, specific. Meaning: [ɪ'speʃəlɪ] adv. 1. to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common 2. in a special manner.
Random good picture Not show
1. The government aims to improve public services, especially education.
2. I love Italy, especially in summer.
3. Divorce is very painful, especially when children are concerned.
4. Paddles are used especially to propel canoes and kayaks.
5. You seem especially happy today.
6. I love cold drinks, especially in summer.
7. I like games in general, and especially football.
8. His tact was exemplary, especially considering the circumstances.
9. This is especially for you.
10. Dried fruits are especially high in fibre.
11. Everybody needs love,especially for those who don't deserve it.
12. I love Rome, especially in the spring.
13. Teenagers are very fashion conscious, especially girls.
14. The book is compiled especially for beginners.
15. Crime is on the increase, especially mugging and burglary.
16. I never liked long walks, especially in winter.
17. It's fun to send these wishes for an especially happy to an uncle who is nice in every way.
18. The big losers will be the undeveloped countries, especially sub-Saharan Africa.
19. The weather presented a particular challenge, especially for American servicemen unaccustomed to subarctic conditions.
20. Millions of wild flowers colour the valleys, especially in April and May.
20. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
21. She's got a lot on her plate - especially with two new projects starting this week.
22. Big supermarkets can undercut all rivals, especially small high-street shops.
23. The sea is very beautiful, especially when sunshine overshines it.
24. This brings a birthday message especially to say how much I love you and you are as young and charming in my calendar as before,and the extra year seems indeed to have improved your looks and grace.
25. In cases of food poisoning, young children are especially vulnerable.
26. The marriage was considered especially ignominious since she was of royal descent.
27. The car is quite small, especially if you have children.
28. It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
29. From Sunday to Tuesday, it will be cloudy with occasional drizzle in western and northwestern areas, especially around coasts and hills.
30. The place is nationally known for its melons and fruit, especially its seedless grapes.
More similar words: special, specialty, specialize, specialist, specifically, species, specify, specific, socially, officially, respectively, with respect to, irrespective of, racial, social, desperate, aspect, official, crucial, suspect, judicial, appreciation, desperately, spectrum, prospect, commercial, financial, spectacle, speculate, inspector.