Synonym: frantic, mad, reckless, wild. Antonym: desirous, hopeful. Similar words: desperately, operate, tolerate, moderate, generate, cooperate, inveterate, accelerate. Meaning: ['despərət] n. a person who is frightened and in need of help. adj. 1. arising from or marked by despair or loss of hope 2. desperately determined 3. (of persons) dangerously reckless or violent as from urgency or despair 4. showing extreme courage; especially of actions courageously undertaken in desperation as a last resort 5. showing extreme urgency or intensity especially because of great need or desire 6. fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless.
Random good picture Not show
2. Wherever in the world a people knows desperate want, there must appear at least the spark of hope, the hope of progress--or there will surely rise at last the flames of conflict.
3. I think I'm strong enough to lose so desperate.
4. His failure made him desperate.
5. It was time for a last desperate gamble.
6. I had no money left and was desperate.
7. He was desperate when he lost all his money.
8. The prisoners grew more desperate.
9. They are in desperate need of food and shelter.
10. The company is in desperate trouble financially.
11. I was starting to get desperate.
12. The prisoners grew increasingly desperate.
13. There were the sounds of a desperate struggle.
14. She had a desperate longing to go back.
15. The fashion industry is always desperate to innovate.
16. Somewhere out there was a desperate man, cold, hungry[sentencedict.com], hunted.
17. A desperate tiredness set in after hours of anxious waiting.
18. They are desperate to erase the memory of that last defeat in Cardiff.
19. I heard sounds of a desperate struggle, just above my room.
20. Stores are getting desperate after two years of poor sales.
21. No need to abandon their own people more than tears desperate not born.
22. There is an unconscious heeling process within the mind which mends up in spite of our desperate determination never to forget.
23. It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.
24. Troops are needed to help get food into Kosovo where people are in desperate need.
25. People are prepared to commute long distances if they are desperate for work.
26. Oliver went up to the master, with his bowl in his hand. He felt very frightened, but also desperate with hunger.
27. Each day that passed he grew more and more desperate.
27. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
28. It was a bit insensitive of Fiona to go on so much about fat people when she knows Mandy is desperate to lose weight.
29. Lost and so far from other human life, he faced a desperate struggle to stay alive.
30. I like a lonely puppet, lost and I follow like a shadow another puppet, never show will not move, was abandoned in the corner of dusty, alone in despair, in a desperate sad, then continue to missing you.
More similar words: desperately, operate, tolerate, moderate, generate, cooperate, inveterate, accelerate, cooperate with, deliberately, despite, widespread, especially, respectively, with respect to, irrespective of, operator, operation, operating, rate, cooperative, AND operation, refrigerator, speculate, consideration, generation gap, at any rate, accurate, strategy, decorate.