Random good picture Not show
1. Being youngsters, we sat modestly at the back, never daring to speak.
2. They talked modestly of their valiant efforts to keep the tanker afloat.
3. Britain's balance of payments improved modestly last month.
4. 'I was just lucky,' he said modestly.
5. She is always modestly dressed.
6. 'I'm not a very good painter,' he said modestly.
7. A black kerchief modestly veiled her hair.
8. She modestly suggests that "sex, or at any rate gender, may account for the difference".
9. At just £9, the training video is very modestly priced.
10. On the whole she had lived modestly, with a notable lack of ostentation.
11. She was dressed modestly.
12. She cast her eyes down modestly while Jack was talking about her.
13. Women have to dress modestly, to avoid being harassed by the locals.
14. She dressed modestly in a blue pantsuit covered by a tan all-weather coat.
15. Modestly numbered and sparely equipped, they had just bested the greatest army the Federal government had ever assembled.
16. Wilkie, who describes himself modestly as a working journalist, then tracked down the poet's widow.
17. Those early days of marriage were lived modestly in a one-bedroom flat in Clapham, South London.
18. And, no matter how modestly it begins, the effort must be sustainable over the long term.
19. Why have you opted for a relatively modestly sized premises rather than a larger exhibition area?
20. His appeal to Wilson modestly requested constitutional government, democratic freedoms and other reforms for Vietnamconspicuously omitting any reference to independence.
21. But they modestly assure the reader that their registry is not complete.
22. "You really must be very good at what you do." — "I suppose I am," Kate said modestly.
22. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
23. She sat down cautiously on the red canvas cushions, knees modestly together.
24. I was surprised to see General Grant walking along modestly... toward Mr Lincoln.
25. But now a strengthening California economy, spearheaded by a boom in Silicon Valley, has sent prices modestly upward.
26. Within a few days of its unveiling Achilles was modestly kitted out with a fig leaf.
27. If the budget is actually balanced because of Clinton, his comparative stature in the annals of history will grow only modestly.
28. The study also found that garlic supplements reduced blood pressure modestly, confirming results from previous studies.
29. Self-reliance was also promoted in other economic spheres, albeit modestly.
30. As in many western states, drivers in Nevada have increased their average speeds modestly since the limits were raised.
More similar words: modest, immodest, honestly, earnestly, mode, model, modern, moderate, ghastly, mostly, costly, role model, manifest destiny, bristly, postmodern, ultramodern, immoderately, economic model, restless, wrestling, destroy, destiny, destined, destroyer, destitute, clandestine, pedestrian, destructive, destination, destruction.