Synonym: conquer, defeat, drive off, frustrate, overpower, surmount, upset. Antonym: submit. Similar words: overcrowded, over and over, percolate, under control, over, cover, get over, go over. Meaning: [‚əʊvə(r)'kʌm] v. 1. win a victory over 2. get on top of; deal with successfully 3. overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli 4. overcome, usually through no fault or weakness of the person that is overcome.
Random good picture Not show
4. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
7. Molly had fought and overcome her fear of flying.
8. They suggested measures to overcome current difficulties.
9. Some persuasion would be required to overcome her scruples.
10. We can and must overcome our shortcomings.
11. He has been overcome with sympathy.
12. They had to overcome formidable obstacles.
13. She struggled against terrible odds to overcome her illness.
14. Aeronautics enables us to overcome great distances.
15. He was suddenly overcome with shyness.
16. He believed the faith that truth would overcome.
17. She was suddenly overcome by lethargy.
18. Difficulties can and must be overcome.
19. These problems were never entirely overcome.
20. He struggled to overcome his shyness.
21. The two parties managed to overcome their differences on the issue.
22. I was suddenly overcome with an uncontrollable desire to hit him.
26. The game had a single inviolable rule: obstacles were to be overcome, not circumvented.
27. He lost his leg when he was ten, but learnt to overcome his handicap.
28. If the worst thing in the world is to die, then what kind of difficulty we can not overcome?
29. Their resolute opposition to new working methods was difficult to overcome.
30. One should give up anger; one should abandon pride; one should overcome all fetters. I'll never befall him who clings not to mind and body and is passionless.
More similar words: overcrowded, over and over, percolate, under control, over, cover, get over, go over, all over, overall, be over, oversee, governor, lay over, cover up, hand over, recover, over there, poverty, uncover, run over, proverb, recovery, coverage, take over, look over, moreover, overlook, turn over, blow over.