Synonym: abundant, ample, plentiful. Similar words: pious, propitious, photocopier, microscopically, odious, curious, dubious, tedious. Meaning: ['kəʊpjəs] adj. 1. large in number or quantity (especially of discourse) 2. affording an abundant supply.
Random good picture Not show
(1) She supports her theory with copious evidence.
(2) He drank copious amounts of beer.
(3) They drank copious amounts of wine.
(4) He could drink copious amounts of beer without ill effect.
(5) She listened to me and took copious notes .
(6) He took copious notes during the lecture.
(7) He attended his lectures and took copious notes.
(8) She took copious notes of the professor's lecture.
(9) Officer Gomez took copious notes.
(10) She was a copious writer.
(11) Her intestinal symptoms progressed and she vomited copious amounts of fluid every two to three hours.
(12) But it had always used its copious data for control rather than for information.
(13) It has three large south-facing windows, copious bookshelves and three large desks.
(14) Wrapped in copious instruction leaflets and next to a neat pile of syringes[sentencedict .com], formidable quantities of snakebite serum had thoughtfully been provided.
(15) You stand there, insert copious schillings, and hey presto! the machine does the rest.
(16) The fire burns out of control in the copious oxygen.
(17) The copious footnotes to the recipes in this book were believed by his contemporaries to have been written by Sir Walter Scott.
(18) I went out for a meal last night and drank copious amounts of red wine.
(19) This celebration of the artist's life and work has copious colour prints of his work as well as a lively text.
(20) Mr Nhieu carried a notebook everywhere with him, and wrote copious official notes.
(21) He got drunk three times a week and made copious notes about Kate Molland and the human condition in his journal.
(22) No wonder the airlines vie with each other to advertise their copious offerings of wine.
(23) I had remained virtually silent throughout this meeting, confining myself to copious note-taking.
(24) The most important thing you can do is to drink copious amounts of water.
(25) He was rubbing and pulling at his mouth, tears flowing, along with copious saliva.
(26) His heyday and influence were paramount before 1290, just when royal legislation was most copious.
(27) You can wander through the fantasy worlds at your leisure, but you must examine your surroundings minutely and take copious notes.
(28) Great electrical bursts of dazzling blue and purple light explode behind copious amounts of dense smoke which obscures the entire stage.
(29) It is not in a plant's interest to provide copious and unlimited supplies of nectar.
(30) In one of my bags was a three-day supply of food and copious amounts of Pepto-Bismoj.
More similar words: pious, propitious, photocopier, microscopically, odious, curious, dubious, tedious, furious, envious, noxious, bilious, anxious, serious, various, obvious, specious, nefarious, previous, notorious, officious, imperious, glorious, spurious, precious, factious, obnoxious, dubiously, ambitious, egregious.