Synonym: apprehend, arrest, imprison, seize. Antonym: release. Similar words: sculpture, captain, lecture, culture, venture, picture, mixture, gesture. Meaning: ['kæpɪtɪtʃə] n. 1. the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property 2. a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field 3. any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle 4. the act of taking of a person by force 5. the removal of an opponent's piece from the chess board. v. 1. succeed in representing or expressing something intangible 2. attract; cause to be enamored 3. succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase 4. bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit 5. take possession of by force, as after an invasion 6. capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping.
Random good picture Not show
1. The refugees evaded capture by hiding in the forest.
2. This advertisement will capture the attention of TV audiences.
3. He managed to evade capture.
4. His paintings capture the essence of France.
5. To capture his equity, Murphy must either sell or refinance.
6. A large reward is offered for the capture of the criminals.
7. California is vying with other states to capture a piece of the growing communications market.
8. The painter has managed to capture every nuance of the woman's expression.
9. We convert him, and we capture his inner mind ; we reshape him.
10. Paratroopers were dropped behind enemy lines to capture key points on the roads into the city.
10. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
11. He eluded capture for weeks by hiding underground.
12. The company is out to capture the Canadian market.
13. The company is out to capture the European market.
14. The two soldiers somehow managed to avoid capture.
15. This information led to the capture of the murderer.
16. She longed to capture the image on film.
17. So far he has evaded capture .
18. He evaded capture for three days.
19. It's easier to capture the fortress from within.
20. He evaded capture after the failed coup .
21. I managed to capture the moment on film.
22. Basho's poems capture the true soul of old Japan.
23. The exhibition on India fails to capture the great diversity of this fascinating country.
24. The photographers managed to capture Jane in an unguarded moment.
25. In his traveling report, he tried to capture the beauty of the Great Waterfalls.
26. He managed to evade capture because of the breakdown of a police computer.
27. The Russians now appear ready to capture more territory from the Chechens.
28. The film manages to capture the mood of the times.
29. The easiest way to capture a fortress is from within.
30. A bounty of $10 000 has been offered for the capture of his murderer.
More similar words: sculpture, captain, lecture, culture, venture, picture, mixture, gesture, texture, feature, in future, in nature, creature, by nature, signature, structure, departure, furniture, in the future, for the future, legislature, agriculture, architecture, manufacturer, infrastructure, sumptuous, adapt, Cap., cap, adapt to.