Synonym: step. Similar words: upstairs, sustain, sustainable, air, pair, hair, by air, chair. Meaning: [ster /steə] n. support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway.
Random good picture Not show
1. Clutch stair armrest, move carefully step by step.
2. He heard soft footsteps coming up the stair.
3. The top stair creaked as she went upstairs and the noise woke up her mother.
4. She flew on winged feet up the narrow stair.
5. The top stair is broken.
6. Terry was sitting on the bottom stair.
7. Lucy sat down on the bottom stair.
8. His office is down the stair.
9. He sat waiting on the bottom stair.
10. The third stair creaked as I stepped on it.
11. The child was sitting on the bottom stair.
12. Hark! I hear a step on the stair!
13. The stair treads were covered with rubber to prevent slipping.
14. The carpet was held in place by brass stair rods.
15. He climbed the wooden stair and knocked on his grandfather's door.
16. The second stair creaks when you step on it.
17. Quick footsteps on a stone stair startled me awake.
18. Liz stepped over the bottom stair, which always creaked.
19. She sank back again on to the stair.
20. Stair climbers are relative newcomers to the exercise scene.
21. I heard footsteps coming up the stair.
22. They looked up the spiral stair.
23. I shift myself a stair higher, so that I can reach up and stroke my son's head.
24. The flight of three stairs with a mahogany look finish and brass stair rods is proving a winner with customers.
25. They improved walking speed, stair climbing, balance and spontaneous daily activity.
26. The house had a panelled hall and a fine oak stair.
27. Then she turned and flew on winged feet up the narrow stair to take refuge in her garret room.
28. With shared relief they edged their way back and then at last down the circular stair.
29. There is a fine oak carved overmantel and an old door opens on to the curved stone stair to the first floor.
30. In a lull, she drifted up to see to the babies,[Sentencedict.com] but misjudged mounting the stair.