Synonym: across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket, broad, cover, encompassing, extensive, mantle, panoptic, wide. Similar words: blank, banker, monkey, blast, blade, black, black out, tank. Meaning: ['blæŋkɪt] n. 1. bedding that keeps a person warm in bed 2. anything that covers 3. a layer of lead surrounding the highly reactive core of a nuclear reactor. v. 1. cover as if with a blanket 2. form a blanket-like cover (over). adj. broad in scope or content.
Random good picture Not show
1. The baby was wrapped in a blanket.
2. This will blanket out the sound.
3. The sick man picked at the blanket.
4. It's cold I need another blanket.
5. He put another blanket on her body.
6. He covered the inert body with a blanket.
7. The bill gives sensitive police files a blanket exemption.
8. Your blanket is worn out.
9. I felt cold and doubled the blanket over.
10. There was blanket coverage of the royal divorce.
11. She pulled the blanket up and went to sleep.
12. The hill was covered with a blanket of snow.
13. It's cold tonight-can I have another blanket?
14. Mommy, this blanket tickles.
15. The town was covered in a thick blanket of fog.
16. A blanket insurance policy insures a car against all kinds of accidents.
17. The hills were covered with a thick blanket of snow .
18. She put a blanket over the sleeping child.
19. The mud disappeared under a blanket of snow.
20. I wrapped the baby in a blanket.
21. She sat in the sofa(sentencedict.com), swathed in a blanket.
22. He rolled himself up in a blanket.
23. He threw a blanket over the injured man.
24. He lapped his daughter in a warm blanket.
25. This blanket smells a bit fusty.
25. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
26. He was given only a wooden pallet with a blanket.
27. Alan sings with shy intensity, hiding behind the security blanket of his guitar.
28. The children made a bivouac at the bottom of the garden with some poles and an old blanket.
29. We hastily improvised a screen out of an old blanket.
30. He saw the corner of a magazine sticking out from under the blanket.