Synonym: appraise, arrange, categorize, class, classify, disgusting, evaluate, foul, gauge, grade, group, nasty, obnoxious, odious, offensive, position, putrid, rate, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sickening, value, vile. Antonym: file. Similar words: frankly, the rank and file, tank, blank, ankle, thank, banker, thanks. Meaning: [ræŋk] n. 1. a row or line of people (especially soldiers or police) standing abreast of one another 2. relative status 3. the ordinary members of an organization (such as the enlisted soldiers of an army) 4. position in a social hierarchy 5. the body of members of an organization or group. v. 1. take or have a position relative to others 2. assign a rank or rating to 3. take precedence or surpass others in rank. adj. 1. very fertile; producing profuse growth 2. very offensive in smell or taste 3. conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible 4. complete and without restriction or qualification; sometimes used informally as intensifiers 5. growing profusely.
Random good picture Not show
3. The captain was promoted to the rank of major.
4. He was promoted to the rank of captain.
5. He is in the first rank of university teachers.
6. Within months she was elevated to ministerial rank.
7. He was demoted to the rank of corporal.
8. He held the rank of Chief Inspector.
9. I rank her achievement very highly.
10. He was demoted to the rank of ordinary soldier.
11. The rank of captain is inferior.
12. Life and death are determined by fate, rank and riches decreed by Heaven.
13. The party's rank and file are beginning to question the prime minister's choice of advisers.
14. He has just been promoted to the rank of captain.
15. There was widespread support for him among the rank and file.
16. Does he rank among/with the failures?
17. She liked to pull her rank on her inferior.
18. Rank upon rank of caravans filled the field.
19. He quickly rose to the rank of four-star general.
20. They make us look like rank amateurs .
21. His collar badge designates his rank.
22. The colonel was stripped of his rank .
23. I called a taxi from the rank outside.
24. You just don't rank .
25. Who is immediately above a colonel in rank?
26. He never rose above the rank of lieutenant.
27. He eventually rose to the rank of captain.
28. He was reduced in rank.
29. Promotion will mean that I'm immediately above him in rank.
30. She was not used to mixing with people of high social rank.