Synonym: choose, pick. Antonym: reject. Similar words: selected, selection, elect, electric, election, electronic, electrical, electronics. Meaning: [sɪ'lekt] v. pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives. adj. 1. of superior grade 2. selected or chosen for special qualifications.
Random good picture Not show
1. Always select the right tool for the job.
2. Select 'New Mail' from the 'Send' menu.
3. She lets her son select his own Christmas present.
4. If possible, select pairs of fish that already have a track record for breeding.
5. Select your favourite fruit or veg and pickle them while they are still fresh.
6. Come and help me select a good place for our camp.
7. A newspaper reader can select what he is interested in and skip what he thinks is boring or irrelevant.
8. It is important to select a software package that suits your requirements.
9. Select committees have the power to subpoena witnesses.
10. Be sure to select firm, unblemished fruit.
11. The boutique caters for a rather select clientele.
12. How do you select people for promotion?
13. Hamilton lives in a very select part of London.
14. Select an option from the dialog box.
15. Select the 'Edit' menu and then choose 'Copy'.
16. Historians must first select the facts that they present.
17. Just punch the button to select a track.
18. Scientists often select facts to fit their theories.
19. You can select goods from our catalogue.
20. We select only the choicest apples for our pies.
21. That school is very select.
22. Select the option you want from the pop-up .
23. Select a cool programme for woollen clothes.
24. They live in a very select area.
25. Select the landscape option when printing the file.
26. Select PRINT from the main menu.sentencedict.com
27. The party was small and select.
28. Select an option from the main menu.
29. There was a choice of four prizes, and the winner could select one of them.
30. The Government has pooh-poohed the idea that primary schools will begin to select pupils.
More similar words: selected, selection, elect, electric, election, electronic, electrical, electronics, electricity, electroplating, senseless, lecture, collect, collector, collection, collective, reflection, telecommunications, self-, sell, itself, vessel, sell off, seller, himself, sell out, molecule, closely, in itself, of itself.