Antonym: passionate. Similar words: pathetic, empathetic, pathetically, sympathetic, unsympathetic, apathy, synthetic, aesthetic. Meaning: [‚æpə'θetɪk(l)] adj. 1. showing little or no emotion or animation 2. marked by a lack of interest.
Random good picture Not show
1. I realised I was becoming increasingly depressed and apathetic.
2. She felt too apathetic even to move.
3. Young people today are so apathetic about politics.
4. You won't succeed if you are apathetic.
5. How can you be so apathetic about the world and its problems?
6. The illness made her apathetic and unwilling to meet people.
7. Even the most apathetic students are beginning to sit up and listen.
8. Don't be so apathetic - how are you going to get a job if you don't even write a letter?
9. They may become apathetic, unable to do even the simplest task.
10. The mass is politically apathetic and impotent, and policy is imposed upon this large proportion of the population.
11. An individual who is passive, utterly apathetic and withdrawn from community life is no true citizen.
12. Parents are completely apathetic about their children's education and show little interest in it.
13. She lay, apathetic, dull as the lustreless droop of her hair on the pillows.
14. Most people were just too apathetic to go out and vote.
15. The congenital apathetic inefficiency bred by the regime as the best way of keeping people down had also delayed the demolition process.
16. The individual becomes apathetic and disinterested,(sentencedict.com) reduces the speed of work and the care taken over work.
17. The voters have become increasingly apathetic over the last several years.
18. Others feel apathetic about the candidates in both parties.
19. Sometimes she was exhausted and apathetic.
20. What is that apathetic being doing?
21. The electorate was expected to be weary of elections and possibly apathetic as well.
21. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
22. Hence the pattern of group organization bears little or no relation to the distribution of intense or apathetic preferences among voters.
23. The summer holidays that year saw me at my most apathetic - and my most miserable.
24. People must realize that we can't afford to be apathetic about environmental issues any longer.
25. That led many political commentators to indulge in hand-wringing about how apathetic Californians were about representative government.
26. Yet somehow the delusion has taken hold that a commitment to democratic self-rule means coaxing apathetic numbskulls into voting.
27. But you - the lot of you - you drag me down, because you are so apathetic.
28. We mustn't lose heart because continued pressure from a caring public can influence even the most apathetic government - eventually!
29. Yet they are pessimistic about the current state of politics which lacks energy and leadership and is marked by an apathetic public.
30. Of course it matters whether you vote or not! Don't be so apathetic!
More similar words: pathetic, empathetic, pathetically, sympathetic, unsympathetic, apathy, synthetic, aesthetic, anesthetic, aesthetics, prophetic, prosthetic, athletic, kinesthetic, hypothetical, aesthetically, hypothetically, parenthetically, path, spathe, all the time, by the time, empathy, at the time of, sympathy, empathise, pathogen, allopathy, empathic, empathize.