Similar words: conclusion, in conclusion, illustrate, exclusive, exclusively, pollution, version, tension. Meaning: [ə'luːʒn] n. passing reference or indirect mention.
Random good picture Not show
1. She was made uncomfortable by his veiled allusion to the previous night.
2. The committee made no allusion to the former President in its report.
3. Her poetry is full of obscure literary allusion.
4. The title is per-haps an allusion to AIDS.
5. He resents any allusion to his baldness.
6. His statement was seen as an allusion to the recent drug-related killings.
7. He made an allusion to a secret plan in his speech.
8. He probably intended it as an exact classical allusion.
9. A little literary allusion, for another.
10. Richardsonian Principle, the, allusion to the fact that Samuel Richardson's novels are all epistolary in form.
11. Less direct forms of allusion are practised in different sections of society.
12. It provides a basis of fuller understanding of allusion, implication and inference.
13. The committee made no allusion to the former President in its final conclusions.
14. The allusion to clouds is anything but fortuitous, emphasizing as it does the link between the sound of drums and thunder.
15. The whole thing seethed, illusion and allusion swinging from branch to branch like gibbons in the treetops.
16. Harry was hurt by an allusion to his failure.
16. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
17. His brows clouded at the allusion.
18. The allusion served as a timely reminder to Darnay.
19. He made no allusion to his term being near.
20. She made no allusion to the incident.
21. Now this allusion here in this verse epistle to his father is to a passage from the book of Revelation.
22. In allusion to resultant milling of circumference distributing and circumgyratetion axes multi-angles surface, design and application for drum of curve knife-Edge milling Jig was good for imitating.
23. He looked like his allusion as he raised his eyes to Mr. Lorry's face.
24. In allusion to cheat, this paper proposes a secure electronic commerce identity verification protocol.
25. The sign of his hostelry was in allusion to one of his feats of arms.
26. In allusion to the weak links in security running of all-solid-state television transmission system, several familiar types of all-soli-state television transmitter at home and abroad are compared.
27. That's our fun now, not fun itself, only a tired allusion to it.
28. It does not mention the sacrifice of Iphigenia, and makes only a dubious allusion to the Judgment of Paris.
29. Paige looked round, unsure if he was making some allusion to her or not.
30. As an evolutionary scientist, Sir David Attenborough may laugh at the biblical allusion, but he has certainly had an instrumental role in creating our modern perception of the world.
More similar words: conclusion, in conclusion, illustrate, exclusive, exclusively, pollution, version, tension, pension, mission, mansion, session, decision, emission, division, envision, invasion, permission, expansion, recession, dimension, commission, corrosion, extension, admission, provision, explosion, aggression, conversion, impression.