Antonym: prohibition. Similar words: mission, emission, admission, commission, commissioner, missionary, transmission, missing. Meaning: [pər'mɪʃn /pə-] n. 1. approval to do something 2. the act of giving a formal (usually written) authorization.
Random good picture Not show
(1) They have permission to build 200 new houses.
(2) He asked permission to leave the room.
(3) She begged permission to leave.
(4) Did he give you permission to take that?
(5) You will have to get official permission first.
(6) I was granted permission to visit the palace.
(7) He gives permission, and, contrariwise, she refuses it.
(8) He always gives permission; she, contrariwise, always refuses it.
(9) They granted him permission to go.
(10) to grant sb. permission to do sth.
(11) You have my permission to leave.
(12) I shall have to ask permission from the/my governor.
(13) They were refused planning permission for a modern extension because it was a Grade II listed building.
(14) You must ask permission if you want to leave early.
(15) All illustrations are reproduced by kind permission of the Mercury Gallery.
(16) He got the doctor' s permission to get around recently.
(17) You must ask permission before taking any photographs inside the church.
(18) He got permission from his commanding officer to join me.
(19) Staff may not leave early without the express permission of the director.
(20) Finally his mother relented and gave permission for her youngest son to marry.
(21) We've received permission to go ahead with the music festival in spite of opposition from local residents.
(22) The government had granted them permission to leave the country.
(23) It is illegal to reproduce these worksheets without permission from the publisher.
(24) Permission was granted a few weeks ago.
(25) That car is my property; you mustn't use it without my permission.
(26) The organisers of the demonstration concede that they hadn't sought permission for it. Sentencedict.com
(27) To order a book one first had to get permission from the monastery that held the copyright.
(28) Huntsmen have no power to ride over other people's land without permission.
(29) What do you mean by opening my letters without permission?
(30) The boy rushed off as soon as his father gave him permission.
More similar words: mission, emission, admission, commission, commissioner, missionary, transmission, missing, missile, session, recession, depression, profession, impression, discussion, aggression, confession, professional, congressional, permit, undermine, never mind, dismiss, pension, tension, version, mansion, division, decision, invasion.