Synonym: avidity, avidness, forwardness, keenness, readiness, zeal. Similar words: wilderness, eager, meager, harness, tactlessness, lineage, earnest, Internet. Meaning: [iːgənɪs] n. 1. a positive feeling of wanting to push ahead with something 2. prompt willingness.
Random good picture Not show
1. He sprang to the telephone with unwonted eagerness.
2. I couldn't hide my eagerness to get back home.
3. His hands trembled with eagerness as he opened the letter.
4. The medical profession's eagerness for scientific advance had impaled it on the horns of a dilemma, forcing an unnatural choice between science and morality.
5. He amazes me with his quickness and eagerness to learn.
6. His eagerness will not avail against the fitness and skill of his opponent.
7. Ulene is still surprised by the eagerness of viewers.
8. He had never shown impatience or eagerness again.
9. You could tell from the eagerness of her smile that a war would be just the thing.
10. Only great eagerness to learn, on the part of the people, will make it possible to overcome immense difficulties here.
11. In his eagerness to escape the encroaching flames, he worked the action and fired three times in rapid succession.
12. Does his eagerness amount to setting up a trust to that effect?
13. Our eagerness for capital punishment echoes the mentality of the old slave code.
14. Struggling against my eagerness, I urged caution on myself, told myself to think ahead.
15. It was difficult to hold his eagerness in check.
16. She met his eagerness with that smiling, tantalizing passivity.
17. I shall await your answer to my letter with eagerness.
18. They all wanted to help me; I could feel their eagerness pulling at me.
19. People were pushing each other out of the way in their eagerness to get to the front.
20. You kids must miss an awful lot in your eagerness to sip the heady cup of life, as your grandfather used to say.
21. Harry's charm lay in his quick,(sentencedict.com) almost mischievous smile and impulsive eagerness for life.
22. There was a wet fish shop just there and in my eagerness to escape I darted in.
23. They are still on the lookout, but they have definitely reduced the intensity and eagerness to recruit.
24. George knew that she was a bit nonplussed at his eagerness for her to have her own social life.
25. For this they could blame their own indiscipline as much as Llanelli's eagerness to take advantage of it.
26. For a while, the seif-centred members of celebrity circles were falling over themselves in their eagerness to jump on the bandwagon.
27. Harbury was young and ambitious and went at things with a daunting eagerness.
28. And behind him, yet another three, pouring through the gap, trampling over their fallen companions in their eagerness.
29. I approach a trip to a book nook with the eagerness of a child on an outing to the toy store.
30. She saw him turn and start to retrace his tortuous route, almost falling in his eagerness to return.
More similar words: wilderness, eager, meager, harness, tactlessness, lineage, earnest, Internet, concerned, at the age of, earnestly, underneath, eastern europe, be concerned about, imagery, manager, teenager, menagerie, fitness, finesse, witness, shyness, sadness, kindness, darkness, awareness, business, wellness, toughness, greatness.