Antonym: downstairs. Similar words: stair, sustain, first and foremost, sustainable, upset, first, at first, first of all. Meaning: [ʌpˈsteəz] n. the part of a building above the ground floor. adj. on or of upper floors of a building. adv. 1. on a floor above 2. with respect to the mind.
Random good picture Not show
1. They could hear the children romping around upstairs.
2. He went upstairs and changed into fresh clothes.
3. The old man lumbered upstairs.
4. We could hear them banging about upstairs, moving things.
5. Tell the boy to stop messing around upstairs.
6. I went upstairs for my afternoon siesta.
7. I can hear somebody moving about upstairs.
8. She heard a floorboard creak upstairs.
9. She's waiting for you in the conference room upstairs.
10. The people upstairs were making a great commotion.
11. I heard his heavy tread moving about upstairs.
12. Moira walked upstairs to change her clothes.
13. He went upstairs and knocked at the door.
14. I went upstairs and had a shower.
15. I was banished to the small bedroom upstairs.
16. I heard sounds of raucous laughter upstairs.
17. Paul went upstairs to spruce up before dinner.
18. Go upstairs and get into your pajamas.
19. Eleanor went upstairs to say goodnight to the children.
19. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
20. She crept upstairs[sentencedict.com], quiet as a mouse.
21. I was upstairs when it happened.
22. The tea things are upstairs; could you carry them down for me?
23. The top stair creaked as she went upstairs and the noise woke up her mother.
24. I don't want any of you children crashing about upstairs while your father's asleep.
25. Try not to make a noise when you go upstairs.
26. Their cold-blooded killers had then dragged their lifeless bodies upstairs to the bathroom.
27. As I approached the house, I noticed a light on upstairs.
28. She had a strange conversation with the bloke who's moved in upstairs.
29. The builders can knock through to make one large room upstairs.
30. I don't want any of you children crashing around upstairs while your father's asleep.
More similar words: stair, sustain, first and foremost, sustainable, upset, first, at first, first of all, first prize, air, at first sight, the first person, hair, pair, chair, by air, in the first place, impair, unfair, fairly, affair, repair, retain, obtain, retail, detail, airport, a pair of, in the air, airline.