1. He who never was sick dies the first
2. Confession is the first
step to repentance.
3. The first
step is the only difficulty.
4. He who was never sick dies the first
5. Whom God would ruin, he first
deprives of reason.
6. Obedience is the first
duty of a soldier.
7. Discontent is the first
step in progress.
8. Of soup and love, the first
is the best.
9. Self trust is the first
secret of success.
catch your hare then cook him.
11. Love not at the first
12. Whom the gods destroy,[sentence dictionary] they first
13. The cask savours of the first
impressions are half the battle.
15. The fox smells his own stink first
16. The first
step is as good as half over.
17. The first
blow is half the battle.
18. Judge not of men and things at first
19. Self-confidence is the first
requisite to human greatness.
20. Happiness lies, first
of all, in health.
21. Lying is the first
step to the gallows.
22. Equivocation is first
cousin to a lie.
impressions are the most lasting.
24. Every dog is allowed his first
25. Don’t judge men or things at first
26. He who never was sick dics the first
27. If at first
you don't succeed, try, try again.
28. Judge not of men and thing at first
29. It is the first
step that costs.
30. First try, and then trust.
1. I don't remember my first day at school.
2. It can be tricky at first, but persevere.
3. Spain was the first foreign country she had visited.
4. You will have to get official permission first.
5. It was the first time they had ever met.
6. Our first priority is to improve standards.
7. Marge's first impulse was to run.
8. Their first scheme was deemed, in hindsight, a mistake.
9. This was the first sexual relationship I had had.
10. The first six months of marriage were sheer bliss.
11. He won his first cap for England against France.
12. She caught the first plane out.
13. The first station buildings were quite primitive.
14. First, fold the paper in half / in two.
15. I shall always remember my first day in college.
16. Finish your homework first, then wash my car.
17. Turn right at the first crossroads.
18. She engaged first gear and pulled off.
19. Most of the butterflies perish in the first frosts of autumn.
20. It was there that I saw my first motion picture.
21. It was the first time a Green politician and a Labour minister had shared a platform .
22. At the first cold of autumn, many insects go into hibernation.
23. I set off for a new adventure in the United States on the first day of the new year.
24. This new biography is the first to consider fully the writer's gestalt.
25. She did well in her first year at school but then started to lag behind.
26. He's slightly aggressive, which a lot of people find a bit off-putting when they first meet him.
27. I'm afraid I never got further than the first five pages of 'Ulysses'.
28. Because of the delay, we were offered seats in first class.
29. His second marriage was annulled because he never divorced his first wife.
30. They were filled with joy when their first child was born.