Synonym: penalisation, penalization, penalty. Similar words: astonishment, establishment, accomplishment, impoverishment, relinquishment, accomplishments, establishment of, punish. Meaning: ['pʌnɪʃmənt] n. the act of punishing.
Random good picture Not show
3. The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.
5. The thief received a just punishment.
6. The punishment was very fair.
7. As punishment,the corporal was demoted to private.
8. The punishment should be proportional to the crime.
9. Capital punishment was regarded as inhuman and immoral.
10. He argued in favour of capital punishment.
11. He advocates the return of capital punishment.
12. Expulsion from school is a harsh form of punishment.
13. Most democracies have abolished capital punishment.
14. The punishment for murder is death.
15. Schools should not mete out physical punishment to children.
16. Community punishment is used for less serious offenders.
17. Punishment will be due those criminals.
18. If you do wrong, you deserve the punishment.
19. , the punishment wasn't too severe.
20. As punishment, the men were confined to barracks.
21. The punishment was harsh and unfair.
22. They got the punishment they so richly deserved.
23. I'm strongly opposed to capital punishment.
24. The Court decides what punishment to impose .http://sentencedict.com/punishment.html
25. Democrats will complain he overemphasizes punishment at the expense of prevention and treatment.
26. Would you sanction flogging as a punishment for crimes of violence?
27. Because it was his first offence, the punishment wasn't too severe.
28. Obviously what she did was wrong, but I don't think it warranted quite such severe punishment.
29. He was forbidden to leave the house, as a punishment.
30. Group counselling is used as an alternative idea to punishment.
More similar words: astonishment, establishment, accomplishment, impoverishment, relinquishment, accomplishments, establishment of, punish, punitive, communism, vanish, finish, commencement, amendment, clownish, Spanish, diminish, finish up, astonished, entertainment, sentiment, finish with, mentor, comment, moment, mental, element, payment, mention, raiment.