Synonym: implied, silent, understood. Similar words: taciturn, veracity, pertinacity, stack, city, cite, intact, tack on. Meaning: ['tæsɪt] adj. indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly.
Random good picture Not show
1. Your silence implies tacit consent to these proposals.
2. Our greatest tacit understanding is I do not care, you ignored me.
3. By tacit agreement , Clark's friends all avoided any mention of his mentally ill wife.
4. The question was a tacit admission that a mistake had indeed been made.
5. Each other just have the tacit understanding, but you let go chose abandoned.
6. By tacit agreement, the subject was never mentioned again.
7. The deal had the tacit approval of the President.
8. In tacit agreement, they separated before reaching the farm.
9. Your silence may be taken to mean tacit agreement.
10. The people, by a tacit and irrevocable act of delegation, had handed over their powers to the monarch.
11. His answer depends on a distinction between tacit and explicit consent.
12. Even more important was Edward's tacit approval of the use his brother made of his northern power.
13. Media companies may operate tacit or explicit collusion just as easily as politicians.
14. In both cases tacit knowledge and experience is accepted as valid and enhanced and developed.
15. Custom(sentencedict.com), practice and a tacit agreement not to rock the boat did the rest.
16. The response - from tacit agreement to outrage - was enormous ....
17. It implies a tacit admission of equality which can be almost priceless.
18. Roh's remarks indicated a tacit acceptance of the high-level talks.
19. I absolutely don't say I love you, this is between us the tacit understanding.
20. No one actually claims this is how the brain works, but there is a tacit assumption that it might be.
21. He found him a hard-working and honest man, if a little curt and tacit.
22. These educational institutions suffer from very poor standards and give tacit or open support to the oligarchy.
23. There are a variety of professional associations of doctors, nurses and teachers which give tacit support to the regime.
24. It was better to say nothing and to convey, by the quality of her silence, a level of tacit agreement.
25. Locke also suggests that a man's presence in a particular state implies tacit consent to its political system.
25. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
26. When as Chancellor he was preparing to enter in 1985, he said, tacit agreement had been reached with the Bundesbank.
27. Nothing could pass between them without its consent or tacit acquiescence.
28. We now consider what they imply for the analysis of tacit collusion.
29. Family quarrels have a total bitterness unmatched by others. Yet it sometimes happens that they also have a kind of tang, a pleasantness beneath the unpleasantness, based on the tacit understanding that this is not for keeps; that any limb you climb out on will still be there later for you to climb back. Mignon McLaughlin
30. But the conventional longwall work organisation fails to build these tacit skills into the work groups.