Synonym: brooding. Similar words: incubator, libation, probation, perturbation, approbation, conurbation, probationary, Cuban. Meaning: [‚ɪnkjə'beɪʃn /-kjʊ'b-] n. 1. maintaining something at the most favorable temperature for its development 2. (pathology) the phase in the development of an infection between the time a pathogen enters the body and the time the first symptoms appear 3. sitting on eggs so as to hatch them by the warmth of the body.
Random good picture Not show
1. Male albatrosses share in the incubation of eggs.
2. Hepatitis has a long incubation period.
3. The illness has an incubation period of up to 11 days.
4. In smallpox, there is an incubation period of 8-18 days between initial infection and first symptoms.
5. The incubation period varies depending on the time of year when the eggs were laid.
5. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
6. Incubation was performed at room temperature for 30 minutes.
7. Through incubation and fledging, it is entirely dependent on the care of its adopted parents.
8. If time of incubation is cut, decreased activity will be seen.
9. The baby Eagles are sharing the incubation room with some other new arrivals.
10. The incubation period almost certainly varies with the number of bacteria originally passed on.
11. The time of incubation is related to enzyme activity in terms of product formed or substrate depleted.
12. Step nine: Incubation and parental care Once the eggs are laid you must decide what to do with them.
13. Leprosy was known to have a long incubation period-a fact considerably at odds with popular misconceptions about instant deformity.
14. To imagine so is to ignore the whole incubation period that-precedes any such sudden spurt.
15. After incubation, tubes were centrifuged at 1000 g and the supernatant separated from the pellet.
16. But this plague does not have an incubation time of days: it will spread in instants too small to measure.
17. The incubation period of Hepatitis A is generally a month but can range from 15 to 50 days, health officials said.
18. The unusually long incubation period for this disease dictates an unusually long trial period.
19. Incubation time and concentration of cytokines were chosen according to optimal responses known for the ICAM-1 upregulation on other tumour cell lines.
20. The long incubation period means that no Third World country has yet faced the full truth of what is to come.
21. You have to go through a sort of incubation period while people weigh you up.
22. Incubation has of course a long and reputable history in antiquity.
23. The incubation data were obtained within 90 minutes after starting the test.
24. At the end of the incubation period, strips were washed three times for 30 minutes with blocking buffer.
25. Business incubator is called Business Incubation Center in China.
26. The incubation period usually is 8 to 14 days.
27. Time of incubation in collagenase solution: 60 min.
28. This increase in water solubility made possible an invitro incubation test with intraperitoneal pus or fluid from patients with peritonitis.
29. Some organisations knew about the different types of viral hepatitis and that there is a long incubation period.
30. This was done in order to avoid phase separations during the incubation process.
More similar words: incubator, libation, probation, perturbation, approbation, conurbation, probationary, Cuban, proportional representation, ratification, gratification, acclimatization, ration, nation, oration, elation, ovation, station, zonation, equation, ablation, creation, relation, rational, location, operation, donation, vacation, mutation, national.