Synonym: brand, denounce, mark, stigmatise. Similar words: stigma, enigmatic, dramatize, acclimatization, dogmatic, pragmatic, phlegmatic, democratize. Meaning: [stɪgmətaɪz] v. 1. to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful 2. mark with a stigma or stigmata.
Random good picture Not show
1. He was stigmatized as a violator of the agreement.
2. He was stigmatized as an ex-convict.
3. Single mothers often feel that they are stigmatized by society.
4. People should not be stigmatized on the basis of race.
5. Even the lonely stigmatized the lonely.
6. As with the stereotyping and stigmatizing of welfare recipients, views about teenage childbearing are frequently extraordinarily simplistic.
7. Ever since the stigmatizing events of the 1940s, it has been the work of Chicana writers to claim that strength.
8. It also said searches must not stigmatize any traveler, and that airline files can not be permanent but must be purged.
9. Now and then an international organization can stigmatize some element or other.
10. Most are concerned that their daughters will be stigmatized by any association with lesbianism.
11. Supporters hope the agreement will stigmatize the weapons, and other countries eventually would feel compelled to sign, too.
12. Their family backgrounds are also usually socially disadvantaged and being in care can be stigmatizing and isolating.
13. They wanted to stigmatize the adulteress.
14. They stigmatize these propositions as'stifling '.
15. IQ testing can stigmatize a child permanently[sentencedict.com], causing more harm than good Das said.
16. They stigmatize these propositions as " trifling " or " merely verbal ".
17. This may be made worse if the patient feels stigmatized because he has been a psychiatric inpatient.
18. And the differences that mark their speech tend to be stigmatized.
19. Throughout the modern era, psychiatric care has been misunderstood and stigmatized.
20. Since offices were regarded as a form of property, reform could be stigmatized as an encroachment upon freehold.
21. Sometimes all varieties of a language except one are stigmatized to a certain degree.
21. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
22. By being voluntary and reversible, this arrangement avoids being stigmatized by the United Nations as colonial.
23. Deportation is especially hard on women from societies that stigmatize divorce.
More similar words: stigma, enigmatic, dramatize, acclimatization, dogmatic, pragmatic, phlegmatic, democratize, investigation, enigma, rigmarole, citizen, monetize, hypnotize, appetizer, prioritize, citizenship, proselytize, mathematical, mathematics, vestige, prestige, vestigial, castigate, instigate, building materials, investigate, prestigious, investigator, fatigue.