Similar words: would, could, mould, should, mouldy, shoulder, smoulder, head and shoulders above. Meaning: ['wʊdbɪː] adj. unfulfilled or frustrated in realizing an ambition.
Random good picture Not show
1. The alarm is usually sufficient to deter a would-be thief.
2. The band's success has inspired hundreds of would-be imitators.
3. The would-be emigrant faced many difficulties.
4. The would-be statesman is now an aspirant escapologist.
5. Comic-book sketches of the would-be assassins were published.
5. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
6. Would-be lovers belch or hiccup at decisive moments.
7. So please, always remember the would-be illustrators!
8. The would-be restaurateur became, by accident, an importer.
9. The coterie of would-be revolutionaries commanded no widespread support.
10. Federalism has spiked the guns of would-be autonomy-seekers.
11. What many would-be reformers have glossed over is the transition problems involved in going from one system to another.
12. Would-be grandparents can express their disappointment at not acquiring the longed-for grandchild.
13. It all left yesterday's would-be refugees furious at the latest delay in an evacuation that has taken two months to negotiate.
14. They would gather together, without husbands, would-be husbands, or bring-home work.
15. Finally, there may be costs incurred by would-be developers who attempt to produce capital gains by getting planning permission.
16. Aristotle once recommended to the would-be polemical orator that paradox could be effective.
17. No doubt there will be would-be adopters who are likely to find the possibility of inclusive adoption threatening and not wish to proceed.
18. I mean, how many would-be students are actually bringing in the harvest at this moment?
19. If these conditions were not met, the would-be entrepreneur could seek legal redress.
20. Edwards tells would-be entrepreneurs to target products or services that cater to people whose needs are not being met by mainstream businesses.
21. Dressmaking and sewing machines are totally foreign to many would-be kite flyers.
22. What gives it the power to tempt millions of would-be basketball stars is the years of advertising behind it.
23. Eventually, there is a payment to be made when the would-be borrower receives an offer letter.
24. The Mir space station has failed to attract enough would-be visitors to save itself from destruction.
25. President Clinton has taken it very much like the would-be president in the book, Jack Stanton.
26. Or stroll up to one of the distinctive sentry boxes, aligned so defenders could harass would-be invaders with a withering cross-fire.
27. So far, the most desperate of measures has not been taken, perhaps because would-be refugees have nowhere to run.
28. I attempted to explain the semiotics of George of the Jungle, feckless would-be Tarzan, for ever crashing into the nearest tree.
29. The first two of a series of four two-week training workshops for would-be small-scale miners were held in Bulawayo and Chegutu respectively.
30. Suddenly, parents had an alternative to Baron's Court when they sought help and sponsorship for would-be players.
More similar words: would, could, mould, should, mouldy, shoulder, smoulder, head and shoulders above, hold back, world bank, in cold blood, had best, had better, wound, draw out, blow out, chew out, wounded, wound up, standard-bearer, beyond belief, follow out, cauldron, soul, foul, joule, foully, skulduggery, read between the lines, poultice.