Synonym: cascade, flood, overflow, pour, run over, spatter, sprinkle. Similar words: pill, pillow, pile, pilot, pile up, happily, spit, spin. Meaning: [spɪl] n. 1. liquid that is spilled 2. a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction 3. the act of allowing a fluid to escape 4. a sudden drop from an upright position. v. 1. cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container 2. flow, run or fall out and become lost 3. cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over 4. pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities 5. reveal information.
Random good picture Not show
1. Don't jog me, or you'll make me spill something!
2. Don't pour too much;it might spill over.
3. He startled her and made her spill her drink.
4. The spill could wipe out the Gulf's turtle population.
5. I try not to let my work spill over into my life outside the office.
6. Unless the oil spill is contained,[sentencedict.com/spill.html] irreparable damage will be done to the coastline.
7. The oil spill caused terrible damage to the fragile ecology of the coast.
8. The coffee is so full that it might spill over.
9. Tears began to spill out of the boy's eyes.
10. Don't spill water on your suit.
11. The oil spill has spoilt the whole beautiful coastline.
12. They say it's bad luck to spill salt.
13. You've made me spill my drink, you prat!
14. She wiped a spill of milkshake off the counter.
15. Could you wipe up that spill, please?
16. An oil spill could be devastating for wildlife.
17. Look out the milk doesn't spill.
18. The firm is planning to spill over the world.
19. The tanker began to spill its cargo of oil.
20. Mind you don't spill coffee over my best tablecloth.
21. Keep the pot level, or you'll spill the coffee.
22. The conflict might spill over into neighbouring towns.
23. The cleanup of the oil spill took months.
24. Someone jogged her elbow, making her spill her coffee.
25. The conflict threatens to spill over into neighbouring regions.
26. The oil spill is causing problems for coastal fisheries.
27. In 1989, there was a massive oil spill in Alaska.
28. Although I poured it carefully, I still managed to spill some.
29. You see this water carefully contained on my hand? It symbolizes Love. As long as you keep your hand curly open and allow it to remain there, it will always be there. However, if you attempt to close your fingers around it and try to possess it, it will spill through the first cracks it finds. This is the greatest mistake that people do when they meet love. They try to posses it, they demand, they expect and just like the water spilling out of your hand, love will retrieve from you.
30. Many seabirds died as a result of the oil spill.