Synonym: calm, even, motionless, noiseless, peaceful, placid, quiet, smooth, so far, tranquil, untroubled, yet. Similar words: hostile, tile, until, utilize, utility, jauntily, kill, pill. Meaning: [stɪl] n. 1. a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes) 2. (poetic) tranquil silence 3. an apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed 4. a plant and works where alcoholic drinks are made by distillation. v. 1. make calm or still 2. cause to be quiet or not talk 3. lessen the intensity of or calm 4. make motionless. adj. 1. not in physical motion 2. marked by absence of sound 3. (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves 4. used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion 5. not sparkling 6. free from noticeable current. adv. 1. with reference to action or condition; without change, interruption, or cessation 2. despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession) 3. to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons 4. without moving or making a sound.
Random good picture Not show
8. I've still got tons to do.
9. Both her children still live at home.
10. The Greeks are still powerful players in world shipping.
11. Do you still live at the same address?
12. Cynthia's still working on her thesis.
13. Despite my repeated assurances, Rob still looked very nervous.
14. I'd still like to go to a ball game.
15. The embers still glowed in the hearth.
16. Some leaves were floating about on the still lake.
17. I still enjoyed the week despite the weather.
18. The room still has many of its original features.
18. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
19. There is still snow on the mountain tops.
20. The police still haven't found the murder weapon.
21. Is your brother still in the navy?
22. They still cut turf here for fuel.
23. Though she's almost 40, she still plans to compete.
24. He still has a good head of hair .
25. Of all the possessions of this life fame is the noblest; when the body has sunk into the dust the great name still lives.
28. Don't part withyour illusions . When they are gone you may still exist , but you have ceased to live.
29. I might say that success is won by three things: first, effort; second, more effort; third, still more effort.