Synonym: arse, ass, backside, behind, bottom, bum, buns, butt, buttocks, can, derriere, fanny, fundament, hind end, hindquarters, induct, invest, keister, nates, place, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, sit, sit down, stern, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush. Similar words: seal, at sea, season, research, seasonal, in season, researcher, in search of. Meaning: [sɪːt] n. 1. a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane) 2. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on 3. furniture that is designed for sitting on 4. any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit) 5. a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised) 6. the cloth covering for the buttocks. v. 1. show to a seat; assign a seat for 2. be able to seat 3. place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position 4. put a seat on a chair 5. provide with seats.
Random good picture Not show
(1) She sat back in her seat.
(2) The seat next to him was vacant.
(3) Passengers must fasten their seat belts prior to descent.
(4) Was she wearing a seat belt?
(5) I could not find a seat on the bus.
(6) Don't be a back seat driver.
(7) Please take a seat .
(8) Will you please remove your handbag from the seat?
(9) Will you please resume your seat?
(10) Excuse me[Sentencedict.com], is this your seat?
(11) The seat tilts forward, when you press this lever.
(12) He put his shopping on the seat behind him.
(13) From my seat I could see the whole stage.
(14) Please fasten your seat belts.
(15) Wearing seat belts has saved many lives.
(16) Can someone help me to undo my seat belt?
(17) The seat is bolted in place for extra safety.
(18) All passengers must wear seat belts.
(19) I stowed my bag under the seat.
(20) Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened.
(21) The seat covers are held in place by tapes.
(22) Don't stand. Take a seat, please.
(23) Half way down the coach was a vacant seat.
(24) She resigned her seat to an old woman.
(25) You could seat the baby on your knees.
(26) She booked a seat for me.
(27) She sat in her usual seat at the back.
(28) Now, go back to your seat.
(29) I got bubblegum on the seat of Nanna's car.
(30) The seat was being hotly contested among the politicians.