Synonym: doubter, sceptic. Similar words: skeptical, skepticism, septic, sceptic, dyspeptic, sceptical, antiseptic, reptile. Meaning: ['skeptɪk] n. someone who habitually doubts accepted beliefs.
Random good picture Not show
1) She is a skeptic about the dangers of global warming.
2) One such skeptic, Patrick J.
3) An avowed skeptic, van Loon left the Immaculate Conception and the Resurrection out of his subsequent The Story of the Bible, 1923.
4) Glashow is a notable skeptic of superstring theory due to its lack of experimentally testable predictions.
5) So says the skeptic. But we cannot relegate computer games to the cesspit of pop culture solely on the evidence of the current crop of games.
6) Bob Olson is a former private investigator and skeptic who began using his investigation skills to research psychics, mediums and the afterlife in 1999.
7) Skeptic after skeptic made the mistake of underrating Steve Jobs, and Mr. Isaacson records the howlers who misjudged an unrivaled career.
8) He is a perspicacious skeptic who makes no claim to be able to explain the world.
9) I'm presuming that the climate skeptic POV will be only temporary.
10) How am I going to convince this skeptic that she should attention to my research?
11) The slender skeptic skips school in slack seasons,[http://sentencedict.com/skeptic.html] which signifies her slackness.
12) I agree with the skeptic at this point : the change of calendar is an arbitrary conventionalism.
13) The believer is not required to establish his belief, but the skeptic is required to prove his doubt.
14) Also, LITvak is similar to the idea of being from Missouri in the United States; that is, a skeptic.
15) Of course, Wellesley College graduates are exceptional women, the skeptic will say.
16) And I would rather believe in Him than any doubter or skeptic.
17) Cosmological and teleological arguments have come under sustained criticism, notably by Scottish philosopher David Hume, noted empiricist and skeptic.
18) A super model writing recipes isn't something that would normally convince us, but Top Chef host and famous foodie Padma Lakshmi's recipes silenced the skeptic in us.
More similar words: skeptical, skepticism, septic, sceptic, dyspeptic, sceptical, antiseptic, reptile, inception, perception, receptive, deceptive, deception, reception, perceptive, exception, perceptible, conception, apperception, susceptible, exceptional, imperceptible, receptionist, exceptionally, misconception, surreptitious, susceptibility, surreptitiously, cryptic, ecliptic.