Antonym: catcher. Similar words: pitch, kitchen, bitch, switch, switch on, switch off, catches, pit. Meaning: ['pɪtʃə(r)] n. 1. (baseball) the person who does the pitching 2. an open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring 3. the quantity contained in a pitcher 4. the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit.
Random good picture Not show
1. The pitcher struck out both batters in the ninth inning and saved the game.
2. The pitcher tagged him out.
3. He poured the milk out of the pitcher.
4. The pitcher wound up and let loose a fastball.
5. The pitcher loaded the bases by walking three batters.
6. The pitcher dusted off the opponent.
7. The pitcher threw a high inside pitch to brush the batter back.
8. The pitcher is famous for the speed of his delivery.
9. The pitcher blew up.
10. The pitcher beanballed purposely at the head of the batter.
11. He is a nice pitcher that really knows how to pitch.
12. The pitcher toed the mound,(sentencedict.com) wound up and threw a fast ball.
13. The new pitcher made a great play on that throw to first base.
14. As a pitcher, Luther is better than James by a long chalk.
15. The pitcher tagged him out on a steal of home.
16. She got out the glass pitcher and stirrer.
17. Pitcher Jeff Juden is still bedridden with acute tonsillitis.
18. Their starting pitcher is the best in the league.
19. We gave up a good pitcher for him.
20. We drink pitcher plant, all same like monkey.
21. The girl carries the pitcher home.
22. She pointed to the mustard-colored plas-tic pitcher on the stainless-steel table by the bedside.
23. Also a terrific pitcher in our Saturday afternoon baseball games up at the lots on Vanderveer Street.
24. Howe noted that it often takes a pitcher two years to completely recover from elbow surgery.
25. Jean-Claude half filled a pitcher with pump-water and added hot water from the huge kettle on the hob.
26. They will start their best pitcher, Mike Mussina, on three days of rest in Game 6.
27. Which, as we know, is death on a platter with two sides and bread for a pitcher.
28. Huong waved with both hands in Victnamese gestures that Rob translated to mean, stow the pitcher and glasses.
29. The table was set with matching cups and saucers, bright silverware, old plates and a small pitcher of milk.
30. The only one with no questions about the right-handed pitcher was Nomo himself.