Synonym: ordinance, regularisation, regularization, regulating, rule. Similar words: regulate, regulator, regulatory, regular, regularly, population, speculation, calculation. Meaning: [‚regjə'leɪʃn /-jʊ-] n. 1. an authoritative rule 2. a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior 3. the state of being controlled or governed 4. (embryology) the ability of an early embryo to continue normal development after its structure has been somehow damaged or altered 5. the act of bringing to uniformity; making regular 6. the act of controlling or directing according to rule. adj. prescribed by or according to regulation.
Random good picture Not show
1. The regulation was perfunctorily carried out.
2. They are calling for tighter regulation of the industry.
3. The regulation allows of no variation.
4. Selling goods constituted a breach of regulation 10B.
5. The new regulation was seen as equivalent to censorship.
6. It is a regulation of the football club that dogs are not allowed inside.
7. Infringement of this regulation would automatically rule you out of the championship.
8. There's absolutely no regulation of cigarettes to make sure that they don't include poisonous substances.
9. She was wearing the regulation uniform of tunic, hat and tie.
10. There is a regulation that large trucks must not use this road.
11. The bus driver violated the traffic regulation.
12. The regulation operates in favour of married couples.
13. The regulation has no application to this particular case.
14. The girls were all wearing regulation shoes.
15. The notice is in accordance with Regulation 7.
16. She was wearing the regulation school uniform.
17. They may be excused from complying with this regulation.
18. It's regulation to wear suits at the office.
19. The minors are excepted from the regulation.
20. Theatre, cinema and broadcasting are all subject to regulation by local authorities.
21. Under the new regulation we can grant full registration to foreign lawyers.
22. The results prove that regulation of the salmon farming industry is inadequate.
23. Some in the market now want government regulation in order to reduce costs.
24. Central Bank regulation of domestic markets. 7.
25. Take audit regulation as an example.
26. Where there is a real superiority of mind, pride will be always under good regulation.
26. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
27. Ships were registered abroad to circumvent employment and safety regulation.
28. The Social Democrats are still wedded to the concepts of high taxation and regulation.
29. How does one decide whether the economic costs of regulation will outweigh the economic benefits ?
30. They need to weigh up the costs and benefits of regulation.
More similar words: regulate, regulator, regulatory, regular, regularly, population, speculation, calculation, at regular intervals, relation, inflation, isolation, violation, revelation, installation, legislation, correlation, translation, in relation to, relationship, nation, donation, zonation, equation, location, national, operation, education, formation, summation.