Synonym: proffer, proposal, suggestion. Similar words: position, supposition, opposition, composition, predisposition, proportion, proportional, in proportion to. Meaning: [‚prɑpə'zɪʃn /‚prɒ-] n. 1. (logic) a statement that affirms or denies something and is either true or false 2. a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection 3. an offer for a private bargain (especially a request for sexual favors) 4. the act of making a proposal 5. a task to be dealt with. v. suggest sex to.
Random good picture Not show
1) Making easy money has always been an attractive proposition.
2) It is clearly illogical to maintain such a proposition.
3) The young man gave a clear proposition at the meeting.
4) The proposition is so clear that it needs no explanation.
5) Most people accept the proposition that we have a duty to protect endangered animals.
6) All in favor of this proposition will please say " Aye ".
7) She immediately threw cold water on the proposition.
8) I've got a proposition to put to you.
9) The business proposition was rejected as impractical.
10) He's a different proposition from his father?much less tolerant.
11) I'd like to put a business proposition to you.
12) As a business proposition, it's a non-starter.
13) It sounds a morally dubious proposition.
14) Here, prostitutes constantly proposition tourists.
15) It's a tough/not an easy proposition.
16) He is a nasty proposition.
17) Find on what foundation the proposition bottoms.
18) I made what I hoped was an attractive proposition.
19) The two teams prepared to debate the given proposition.
20) He had allegedly tried to proposition a colleague.
21) He telephoned Stuart with a proposition.
22) Working at night wasn't a practicable proposition.
23) This is the inverse of his earlier proposition.
24) How did you vote on Proposition 8?
25) Her assessment is based on the proposition that power corrupts.
26) Vote Yes on Proposition 136, but No on Propositions 129,[http://sentencedict.com/proposition.html] 133 and 134.
27) It's a business proposition, pure and simple. No strings attached.
28) Ring up your agent in New York and put your proposition to him.
29) You came to see me at my office the other day with a business proposition.
30) The offer of two tickets for the price of one makes it a very attractive proposition .
More similar words: position, supposition, opposition, composition, predisposition, proportion, proportional, in proportion to, positive, propose, proposal, proposed, positively, propitious, transition, acquisition, inquisition, prohibition, deposit, repository, propensity, situation, edition, ambition, sedition, volition, addition, fruition, coalition, condition.