Synonym: cast, flick, fling, hurl, jerk, pitch, sling, snap, throw, toss. Similar words: lip, slip, clip, flight, conflict, conflict with, the cost of living. Meaning: [flɪp] n. 1. an acrobatic feat in which the feet roll over the head (either forward or backward) and return 2. hot or cold alcoholic mixed drink containing a beaten egg 3. the act of flipping a coin 4. a dive in which the diver somersaults before entering the water 5. (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team. v. 1. lightly throw to see which side comes up 2. cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation 3. look through a book or other written material 4. toss with a sharp movement so as to cause to turn over in the air 5. cause to move with a flick 6. throw or toss with a light motion 7. move with a flick or light motion 8. turn upside down, or throw so as to reverse 9. go mad, go crazy 10. reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action). adj. marked by casual disrespect.
Random good picture Not show
1. She felt her heart flip .
2. Each classroom has a flip chart to write on.
3. The trade deficit is the flip side of a rapidly expanding economy.
4. The handstand was followed by a back flip.
5. This news will flip him out.
6. She'll flip her lid when she finds out.
7. Don't be flip with me.
8. Oh, flip, I've missed the bus.
9. The tone of the book is sometimes too flip.
10. She'll flip her lid if I'm late again.
11. Her heart did a flip.
12. We'll flip for who buys the tickets.
13. I was fed up with his flip comments.
14. The flip side of the treatment is that it can make patients feel very tired.
15. When one side is done, flip the pancake to cook the other side.
16. The whole thing was decided on the flip of a coin.
17. I had a quick flip through my cookery books and found a recipe that sounded quite nice.
18. I had a quick flip through the report while I was waiting.
19. We're now starting to see the flip side of the government's economic policy.
20. I tripped and almost did a backward flip down the stairs.
21. I knew you'd flip when you saw my new house and furniture.
22. It'll be decided by a flip of a coin.
23. The flip side of virtue is pride.
24. Resources Possibility of shelving, box files and flip chart.
25. You flip the pages, read their comments.
25. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
26. Eddie DeBartolo and Carmen Policy: Flip a coin.
27. But there was a flip side to the coin.
28. Notes previously written on a flip chart pad.
29. It was only after they were married that she began to see the flip side of the fairy tale.
30. In the end the decision was made by the flip of a coin .
More similar words: lip, slip, clip, flight, conflict, conflict with, the cost of living.