Synonym: lift. Similar words: relevant, eleven, educator, operator, senator, predator, indicator, regulator. Meaning: ['elɪveɪtə(r)] n. 1. lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building 2. the airfoil on the tailplane of an aircraft that makes it ascend or descend.
Random good picture Not show
(1) We are all bunched together in the crowded elevator.
(2) The maximum load for this elevator is eight persons.
(3) The elevator was not functioning.
(4) We jammed into the elevator.
(5) The peasants poured the grain into the elevator.
(6) She jabbed at the elevator buttons.
(7) There is no elevator in the building.
(8) Burke pushed the button and the elevator began its slow ascent.
(9) There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
(10) He rode the elevator down to the first floor.
(11) The elevator door slid shut.
(12) The new building was bedevilled by elevator failures.
(13) I punched the button to summon the elevator.
(14) The elevator doors parted and out stepped the President.
(15) They jammed into the elevator.
(16) We'll have to take the elevator.
(17) The elevator descended slowly to the ground floor.
(18) The elevator takes a maximum of 32 people.
(19) Take the elevator to the 51st floor.
(20) The elevator rose with a shudder.
(21) The elevator was broken[Sentence dictionary], so we had to trek up six flights of stairs.
(22) We were incarcerated in that broken elevator for four hours.
(23) Mrs. Baylor strode to the elevator and punched the button.
(24) the horizontal stabilizer and elevator in the tail assembly of an aircraft.
(25) The elevator creaked to a halt at the ground floor.
(26) I went into the elevator and pushed the button for the top floor.
(27) The elevator shot upward.
(28) The elevator broke down and we had to walk up the tenth floor.
(29) She told me a screamingly funny story about the time she got stuck in an elevator.
(30) He still could not throw any further light on why the elevator could have become jammed.
More similar words: relevant, eleven, educator, operator, senator, predator, indicator, regulator, laboratory, legislator, regulatory, the private sector, coordinator, investigator, conciliatory, refrigerator, administrator, level, levity, prevail, evaluate, all levels, evaluation, devastating, motivate, privately, innovative, innovation, reservation, observation.