Similar words: poverty, impoverish, impoverished, impoverishment, overt, covert, over there, over time. Meaning: n. a level of personal income defining the state of poverty.
Random good picture Not show
1. many people living below the poverty line.
2. 20% of the population now live below the poverty line .
3. The percentage of pensioners living below the poverty line has increased by 15% in the last four years.
4. At first sight this method for calculating the poverty line seems reliable and sufficiently scientific to warrant its continued use.
5. Those rising above the poverty line think they have succeeded in spite of the government.
6. Half the heads of households classified below the poverty line by federal standards can not read an eighth grade book.
7. For a family of four, the current poverty line stands at about $ 16, 000.
7. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
8. Rowntree's stringent poverty line produced remarkably similar results to those of Booth.
9. The panel further suggested adjusting the official poverty line for geographical differences in the cost of housing.
10. Thirteen per cent of the population live below the poverty line.
11. A third of the population is living at or below the poverty line .
12. Large numbers of families are living on or near the poverty line .
13. In 1991 almost 36 million Americans were living below the poverty line.
14. This may end efforts to set a minimum wage well above the poverty line.
15. On the other hand, a third of the retired today live at or below the poverty line.
16. Adult unemployment is estimated at 60 %, and 90 % of Gazans are said to live below the poverty line.
17. It would cover families with incomes of up to 300 percent of the poverty line.
18. All three groups at that level earned incomes that were just at or below the poverty line for a family of four.
19. When millions around the world are being killed in war, dying from starvation or living below the poverty line?
20. In examining the issue of the working poor, it is essential to examine the poverty line.
21. The gap between their needs and resources is likely to be even wider than the social security-based poverty line suggests.
22. We already cover children up to 150 percent of the poverty line.
23. Surveys revealed that a third of the population lived below the poverty line.
24. The villagers here are no exception to 70 per cent of the country's population who live below the poverty line.
25. Two-thirds of disabled people were at or below the poverty line.
26. Poverty is widespread, with 60 percent of the population living below the poverty line.
27. New statistics hurled at us: 70 percent of our fellow citizens live below the poverty line.
28. That means that more and more elderly people are being forced down to income support or poverty line levels.
29. Ten percent of the population of York lived in families with earnings below the poverty line.
30. The population fell by 1 % last year, and 35 % of the people live below the national poverty line.
More similar words: poverty, impoverish, impoverished, impoverishment, overt, covert, over there, over time, overtake, overture, overturn, extrovert, introvert, overthrow, all over the world, incontrovertible, over and over, over and over again, cylinder, property, puberty, liberty, private property, inert, avert, advert, subvert, revert, divert, pervert.