Synonym: inactive, lifeless, listless, motionless, slow, sluggish, stagnant. Similar words: inertia, diner, trainer, mineral, container, divine right, magazine rack, owner. Meaning: [ɪ'nɜrt /-'nɜːt] adj. 1. unable to move or resist motion 2. having only a limited ability to react chemically; chemically inactive 3. slow and apathetic.
Random good picture Not show
(1) He lay, inert, in his bed.
(2) He covered the inert body with a blanket.
(3) I carried her, still inert, up the stairs to my room.
(4) The inert figure of a man could be seen lying in the front of the car.
(5) The government was perceived to be inert and inefficient.
(6) He lay completely inert on the floor.
(7) The novel itself remains oddly inert.
(8) Helium and neon are inert gases.
(9) He lay inert with half-closed eyes.
(10) She lay completely inert on her bed.
(11) The president has to operate within an inert political system.
(12) The narrative is inert and sloppy, as if the author had been writing half-asleep.
(13) She lay there inert; I thought she must be dead.
(14) Words in themselves are seldom either active or inert.
(15) It's so soulless and inert.
(16) Even the inert, if it's infused with Darkfall. Sentencedict.com
(17) School officials remained inert on the issue of bullying.
(18) Below this is the subsoil which is relatively inert.
(19) She lay there, inert.
(20) Inert gases such as helium have zero valencies. they do not normally form compounds.
(21) A good choice is one of the inert gases; neon, argon, krypton, or xenon.
(22) He lay there inert, as the room whirled past and Ellwood slipped the needle into his arm.
(23) As long as matter was considered to be inert, its motion could be ascribed to the divine will.
(24) The inert compounds react with living tissue and absorb the entire body.
(25) Some of us spend all our lives in this dreamy, inert state.
(26) The zinc sulphide is then transferred to a vessel through which passes an inert gas, such as nitrogen or carbon dioxide.
(27) Such an option would be far more acceptable to environmentalists than launching even an inert reactor from Earth.
(28) After all these ages, one would naturally assume that it was inert.
(29) The remaining 11 % of the 45K atoms decay to form the inert gas argon, 40Ar.
(30) The Plaque Attacker is made of polypropylene - a strong flexible substance which is inert.