Synonym: beat, cadence, m, measure, meter, time. Similar words: metric, come true, get ready, retreat, metropolis, metropolitan, petrol, retract. Meaning: ['mɪːtər] n. 1. the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards) 2. (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse 3. rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration.
Random good picture Not show
1. The standard of length in France is the metre.
2. It is about a metre in length.
3. The average UK coal seam is one metre thick.
4. One metre of fabric is sufficient to cover the exterior of an 18-in-diameter hatbox.
5. They erected a 2 - metre - high mud wall on the windward side.
6. A metre is a unit of length and a kilogram is a unit of weight.
7. There was disappointment for our trio of 200 metre runners, all of whom failed to reach the final.
8. It's two and a half metres high and one metre wide.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
9. Prices start at ￡13.95 a metre for printed cotton.
10. Short-wave radio uses the 20-50 metre band.
11. We only sell it by the metre.
12. Purvis is down for the 200 metre freestyle event.
13. It's only a low wall-about a metre high.
14. Space the posts about a metre apart.
15. The bird has a 1 - metre wingspan.
16. The cables are buried one metre below ground level.
17. The metre is a measure of length.
18. The metre is a unit of length.
19. Three feet is roughly equal to one metre.
20. A metre equals 39.38 inches.
21. The SI unit of length is the metre.
22. There are 100 centimetres to the metre.
23. Who holds the 100 metre sprint record?
24. Many hymns have a firm, regular metre.
25. The 8844 - metre peak stabbed the sky.
26. He is a metre nothing.
27. it costs 12 per metre.
28. Give your answer to the nearest metre.
29. The 800 metre final is on Monday week.
30. The snake can squirt poison from a distance of a metre.
More similar words: metric, come true, get ready, retreat, metropolis, metropolitan, petrol, retract, detract, get rid of, petrify, betrayal, perpetrate, petroleum, penetrate, comet, retrospect, obstetrics, retractile, metal, meter, come to, penetrating, detrimental, helmet, mettle, gamete, method, plummet, income tax.