Synonym: gauge, measure, record. Similar words: cemetery, veteran, inveterate, come to terms with, athlete, compete, detect, diabetes. Meaning: ['mɪːtə(r)] n. 1. the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards) 2. any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity 3. (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse 4. rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration. v. 1. measure with a meter 2. stamp with a meter indicating the postage.
Random good picture Not show
(1) A meter is a measure of length.
(2) He was there to read the electricity meter.
(3) While we waited the taxi's meter kept ticking away.
(4) A man came to read the electricity meter .
(5) A man came to read the gas meter.
(6) A man comes to read the gas meter to find out how much gas you have used.
(7) The cab driver left the meter running while he waited for us.
(8) The token meter is operated by tokens costing ￡1 or ￡5.
(9) Space the desk a meter apart so that the pupils can't cheat.
(10) Meter readings are taken every three months.
(11) What does the gas meter read?
(12) He is 1 meter 80 centimeters tall.
(13) Shelton fed the electricity meter .
(14) Rhyme and meter are assistants to memory.
(15) I need £2 in silver for the parking meter.
(16) He fed coins into the meter.
(17) The meter reads 5500 units.
(18) They reset the gas meter.
(19) Britain's water companies are planning to meter water consumption.
(20) He fed the meter with coins.
(21) Someone should be coming to read the gas meter.
(22) You'll need some change for the parking meter.
(23) The electricity meter is under the stairs.
(24) The taxi waited, its motor running[Sentencedict.com ], the meter ticking away.
(25) I couldn't find a parking meter, so I decided to park illegally and risk a tow-away.
(26) The taxi driver left the meter running while I ran in to pick up my bags.
(27) The taxi driver left the meter running while I helped Mum to her front door.
(28) The electricity company will send an employee to read your meter.
(29) If your water usage is very small it may be worthwhile opting for a meter.
(30) He walked away from all his competitors in the 3000 - meter race.
More similar words: cemetery, veteran, inveterate, come to terms with, athlete, compete, detect, diabetes, concrete, detective, comet, come to, metal, contretemps, method, helmet, come true, sometime, metaphor, something, sometimes, come to life, come through, something of, metropolitan, at the same time, something like, something else, outer, term.