Synonym: mammalian. Similar words: grammar, teammate, grammatical, inflammatory, inflammation, grammatically, alma mater, stammer. Meaning: ['mæml] n. any warm-blooded vertebrate having the skin more or less covered with hair; young are born alive except for the small subclass of monotremes and nourished with milk.
Random good picture Not show
1. Its hairy body suggests a mammal.
2. The spiny anteater is a mammal, although a very primitive one.
3. Which mammal has the shortest life-span in the wild?
4. The only other type of mammal to employ chemical warfare is the duck-billed platypus.
5. But the powerful resonance of a marine mammal exhaling through its blowhole again reaches my ears.
6. Paul Bright, the Mammal Society's conservation officer, discusses translocation in the society's latest newsletter.
7. More than 100 bird species and 35 mammal species have been identified at the park.
8. Even so, some mammal parents still find it worth while to deposit their babies in a creche.
9. Michael is the mammal curator at the Los Angeles Zoo.
10. What is the largest land mammal now living in California?
11. Sampling for mammal fossils often involves the patient sieving of great quantities of sediment to extract the fossil teeth.
12. The ground squirrel is another mammal that has adopted the practice of throwing things - primarily at its main predators, snakes.
13. It involves taking genetic material from an adult mammal and inserting it into an unfertilized egg cell.
14. Stages in the formation and modification of small mammal bone assemblages.
15. Finally, the effects of digestion on the small mammal collections and the differences observed between different predators are described.
16. Last year biologists from the Marine Mammal Centre collected 75 wounded sea lions, most of which died.
17. There is a close analogy between the gills of a fish and the lungs of a mammal.
17. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
18. The following sections describe a series of recent small mammal assemblages accumulated by known predators under known conditions.
19. They will also say that the Faroese method of killing whales is a barbarous way of treating an intelligent, warm-blooded mammal.
20. Although humans may have the longest lifespan of any mammal, giant tortoises have the longest recorded lives among vertebrates.
21. Section 22 of the Act provided for the establishment of marine mammal sanctuaries.
22. What ever the bone type, however, Dodson found that very low water velocities were sufficient to move small mammal bones.
23. The forests are home to 12 % of the world's mammal species and almost a fifth of bird species.
24. Because their brain is ten feet higher than their heart, giraffes have the highest blood pressure of any mammal.
25. A fossil assemblage accumulated by a predator thus may not represent any single mammal community from any one habitat.
26. They do not, however, collect bone, and they mostly gnaw larger pieces of bone rather than small mammal bone.
27. The Westbury sediments are middle Pleistocene in age with numerous small mammal faunas in different parts of the breccia sequences.
28. What happens to a large fish or a marine mammal when it dies?
29. Only a small proportion of the millions of eggs with which a female mammal is born mature and are released at ovulation.
30. The whale then becomes a fine symbol for Melville because it is for him neither fish nor mammal.
More similar words: grammar, teammate, grammatical, inflammatory, inflammation, grammatically, alma mater, stammer, command, programme, ammunition, dilemma, summary, commander, mall, programming, immature, small, male, summation, immaculate, formal, dismal, malady, malign, female, normally, formally, minimal, informal.