Similar words: practice, out of practice, practical, practically, practitioner, fraction, tactic, attraction. Meaning: adv. in practical applications.
Random good picture Not show
1) All theories originate from / in practice and in turn serve practice.
2) It sounded like a good idea, but in practice it didn't work.
3) In practice, this law is often given a wide interpretation by the police.
4) In principle I agree with the idea, but in practice it's not always possible.
5) The following examples illustrate how this operates in practice.
6) Your idea won't work in practice.
7) My solicitor is no longer in practice.
8) She has retired from practice/is no longer in practice.
9) It's important to keep in practice.
10) In practice, however, such an attitude is counter-productive.
11) He doubted whether the plan was realizable in practice.
12) He kept himself in practice at golfing.
13) In practice, the regulations are rarely enforced.
14) These ideas are often difficult to apply in practice.
15) Taylor was in practice with two colleagues.
16) In practice a graduate tax is an administrative nightmare.
17) Urban planners in practice have to take account of many interest groups in society.
18) A school dental service exists in theory, but in practice, there are few dentists to work in them.
19) In practice women receive much lower wages than their male colleagues.
20) It seems good in theory, but it doesn't work in practice.
21) It seemed like a good idea before we started, but in practice it was a disaster.
22) The journey should only take about 30 minutes, but in practice it usually takes more like an hour.
23) She told him he needed to be more creative, without being explicit as to what this meant in practice.
24) She can speak English fluently as she is always in practice.
25) I can't see how your plan is going to work in practice.
26) It's a fine scheme on paper,(http://sentencedict.com/in practice.html) but will it work in practice?
27) Her idea for reorganizing the department will never work in practice.
28) I agree with it in principle but I doubt if it will happen in practice.
29) The idea sounds fine in theory, but would it work in practice?
30) In theory, the journey ought to take three hours, but in practice it usually takes four because of roadworks.
More similar words: practice, out of practice, practical, practically, practitioner, fraction, tactic, attraction, attractive, interaction, characteristic, in proportion to, pragmatic, attract, in particular, abstract, contract, distract, interact, do justice, give notice, contractor, take notice of, action, active, characterize, reaction, actively, activist, activity.