Synonym: balk, baulk, check, deterrent, handicap, hinderance, hindrance, impedimenta, obstructer, obstruction, obstructor. Similar words: dimension, dimensions, sentiment, raiment, implement, compliment, experiment, improvement. Meaning: [ɪm'pedɪmənt] n. 1. something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress 2. any structure that makes progress difficult.
Random good picture Not show
1) He has an impediment in speech.
2) He was satisfied there was no legal impediment to the marriage.
3) The new taxes were a major impediment to economic growth.
4) The main impediment to growth was a lack of capital.
5) Their boycott of the talks constitutes a serious impediment to peace negotiations.
6) He had a nervous twitch and a speech impediment.
7) The country's debt has been an impediment to development.
8) He also had a speech impediment.
9) It's not a disease, it's an impediment.
10) Another impediment arose during a second round of testing.
11) Straightening himself, Muster stared at the impudent impediment.
12) Every impediment to flight was cast aside.
13) Jerry's worked hard to overcome his speech impediment.
14) Natalie was born with a slight speech impediment.
15) He has dropped homosexuality as an impediment to security clearances.
16) The impediment to the building of Babel-that man must fill the earth-would be eliminated.
17) Each was a serious impediment to an evenhanded and effective operation of the criminal justice system....
18) But Nails did not consider his lack an impediment to his plans.
19) She saw them as an impediment to doing what she wanted to do in life,(http://sentencedict.com/impediment.html) which was work and get ahead.
20) A speech impediment did nothing to stop him from preaching.
21) Shortage of money was not the only impediment to higher education.
22) Wilful impediment of the sacred moves was not only ill-mannered, but the worst form of blasphemy.
23) In a number of developing countries, war has been an additional impediment to progress.
24) On education, Mr Gore's thralldom to the teachers' unions strikes us as an impediment to innovative thinking.
25) In short, the lack of business transaction security is widely acknowledged as a major impediment to widespread ecommerce.
26) I kept silent, thinking that he might have an embarrassing speech impediment.
27) Arcane as such arguments may now seem, they were an important impediment to cooperation 2There were also disagreements about military strategy.
28) It was agreed that a final report on the Structural Impediment talks would be issued in July 1990.
29) It was a happy day when it dawned on me that there was no actual impediment to my cordially disliking both lots.
30) Communicating: problems experienced by handicapped people or those suffering from lack of confidence or a speech impediment. 9.
More similar words: dimension, dimensions, sentiment, raiment, implement, compliment, experiment, improvement, experimental, impoverishment, implementation, expedite, carpe diem, expedition, whimper, imperial, impetus, imperious, impending, commencement, impeccable, amendment, entertainment, ingredient, moment, mental, mentor, comment, segment, ailment.