Synonym: drifting, meandering, rambling, roving, vagrant, wandering. Similar words: aberrant, warrant, warranty, blackcurrant, terrain, aberration, terra firma, arrange. Meaning: ['erənt] adj. 1. straying from the right course or from accepted standards 2. uncontrolled motion that is irregular or unpredictable.
Random good picture Not show
1. She brushed an errant curl from her forehead.
2. Usually his cases involved errant husbands and wandering wives.
3. She went to Paris to bring back her errant son.
4. An errant husband is one who leaves his wife for other women.
5. Rainer caught the errant pass.
6. But the turnover was an errant pass that Clyde Drexler intercepted with 1: 20 left and the Clippers trailing 103-101.
7. Tyree crops up throughout the novels(http://Sentencedict.com), kidnapping errant tourists and taking them on brutal re-education treks.
8. He suggested that if the errant investor was not happy, he should take his money elsewhere.
9. That errant thought, coming from goodness knew where, made her heart beat an erratic tattoo.
10. An errant neurotic, failing to keep up the maintenance payments to support his own creation.
11. An errant blind drop pass was intercepted by Iginla, who had only goalie Alexei Egorov in his way.
12. Trolley passengers will be shielded from errant golf balls by 12-foot - high fencing and netting on both sides.
13. When he hits an errant golf shot, or makes a mental error on the course, he gets aggravated.
14. He was a well - known errant knight.
15. Occasionally someflamewould come pursuit of her errant swain.
16. They always ready drawbead on an errant public official.
17. Nonsense, errant nonsense , as ever was talked!
18. All it takes is an errant instruction or a stray misreading of a single switch to send this wonderful golem into a state of catatonia.
19. This, I thought, was how South Vermont kept hold of its errant children.
20. The last thing he needed right now was an angry and errant wife wandering around Berlin.
21. He fired his pistol in the air and charged over the top as if he were chasing some errant fox.
22. Mrs Frizzell gazed into space and Mrs Murphy smoothed back errant curls from her damp forehead.
23. Some of the rock has forced its way up into other layers like an errant thumb.
24. The senior branch stepped in: local bigwigs, including councillors and the local constituency chairman[sentencedict.com], defended the errant chairman.
25. But you and I both know all it would take to wreck your career is one errant snip of the scissors.
26. Impressionism begat post-impressionism, which begat cubism, which sired futurism, expressionism and all manner of errant abstractions.
27. She woke slowly from a vague dream as an errant breeze drifted over her face, coming to rest on her mouth.
28. Not only was it unremarkable and rather battered, it did nothing at all to jog her errant memory.
29. She told me about this with the secretive giggling attitude of an errant schoolgirl.
30. And then one day, in a fit of spring madness, I set out with pruner and lopper to remove a few errant branches.
More similar words: aberrant, warrant, warranty, blackcurrant, terrain, aberration, terra firma, arrange, arrangement, grant, frantic, hydrant, vagrant, tolerant, fragrant, exuberant, immigrant, quarantine, transatlantic, array, or rather, narrator, cherry, error, embarrass, narrative, terror, embarrassed, ferret out, terrific.